1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

When did you realized that you were a beer advocate?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Uniobrew31, Feb 18, 2013.

1. when i tried a couple rogue beers and realized there was so much more out there. that was in november 2011 and im currently trying beer #403.. the last month i have gone bonkers.. i think my beer bill so far in 2013 is 1000$ :/ happy and sad, lol

2. mixed_master7

mixed_master7 Initiate (0) Florida May 16, 2012

When I made a BeerAdvocate profile..

Seriously, I realized I was hooked when I felt the need to start communicating with other people around the world about my hobby.

Shagator and creepinjeeper like this.
  3. rc51sport

rc51sport Savant (425) Florida Feb 25, 2013

When my boss started begging me to go out to bars with him to order beer for him. Then he offered his position of production manager of manufacturing to me.

4. Rainier

Rainier Savant (270) California Dec 20, 2012

i believe my first beer ever was samuel smith oatmeal stout. I was hooked.

creepinjeeper likes this.
  5. When I first sampled Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in 1981, and realized there was more to life than Michelob. Little did I know at the time that we'd grow from 40 breweries in the US to the current 2,000+. Life as a BA is good!

6. kemoarps

kemoarps Advocate (590) Washington Apr 30, 2008

Home for winter break one year and this girl I was hanging out with only had Old Rasputin in the fridge. Got back to school, hit up the local liquor store (which had amazing selection!), and the rest (including my wallet) was history

7. SaCkErZ9

SaCkErZ9 Champion (850) Florida Feb 27, 2005

When I bought a "dedicated beer fridge" for all my shit.

8. RyanCave

RyanCave Savant (475) Oregon Apr 13, 2011

I was hanging out with people I was not happy to be around and I opted to drink water rather than beer because they had nothing but AB products (cleverly disguised as craft) and I had to suffer sober through their BS

9. TNasty1126

TNasty1126 Aficionado (175) Hawaii Jun 21, 2012

Yikes... it was a joke, sheesh

10. Groomsy

Groomsy Savant (350) Kentucky Sep 23, 2010

When I bought a wine fridge and removed the shelves for the bottles of Expedition Stout and Bigfoot that I'm aging.

That was yesterday.

11. When I planned a trip to another city just to get beer. Also, whenever I travel anywhere, I inquire about bars and beer stores. Every single time.

12. It all started when I was 21 and sick of Bud Lite. I forced myself to buy a different six pack every time I went to the beer store. Before I knew it, I had almost two hundred different beers on my wall!