1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

When does Pliny hit next?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Ciani, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Ciani

Ciani Zealot (85) Missouri Jul 8, 2009

Anyone know which week Pliny's back in town (i.e., Denver)? I need to snag a few for a buddy.

Thanks...
  2. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Aficionado (185) Colorado Oct 26, 2012

You could call one of the liquor stores, but I think it'll be in the next week or 2, since it's been 3 weeks since it last hit.
  3. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (610) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

I think it's been 5-6 weeks, it seems the last 6 months or so we've been getting the batch that's bottled in the first week of the month (although last batch was 11/30/12) and it's typically delivered ~10-14 days after bottling. I honestly expected it last week, but because of the holidays it's likely it got pushed back a week. I'd be really surprised if we didn't see some this Thurs/Friday. But with RR pulling out of WA to focus on local market, who knows what future RR deliveries will be.
  4. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

An equally important question is who/when/where will have the Younger on tap in a few weeks...
    FishPondManager and hopfacebrew like this.
  5. Prospero

Probably typical suspects, just follow the FB pages and I'm sure it will be posted in all their social media outlets and newsletters in the coming weeks.

Just don't call around, all the bars/restaurants will notify people when they know more information. At this point, considering it doesn't pour until Feb.1st and won't even leave the brewery until then, the earliest it ever makes it to Colorado is around Valentine's Day, and typically the tappings are within the following 2-weeks in compliance with RR's request. I'm not one to know but just hearing from last year, a lot of places don't know until the week it's going to be distributed.
  6. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (455) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

You mean I should stop calling Falling Rock every day? They love it.
    StubFaceJoe, denver10 and Prospero like this.
  7. Prospero

Haha, that's exactly what I meant.
  8. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (875) Colorado May 19, 2005

But you have to ask for that young Russian beer, otherwise they won't know what you're talking about ;)
  9. b0rderman

b0rderman Aficionado (160) Colorado May 18, 2010

PtF is where it's at
    joshclauss likes this.
  10. I thought for sure it would arrive this week, considering the last batch we got was before Christmas.

Anyone have any info on the next release? Is this just a small delay from the holidays?
  11. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

Dunno what's up... we haven't seen it in way longer than usual.
  12. I got to wondering the other day if Younger affects things at RR this time of year? I know its a very time, space, and input intensive beer. I cant recall the supply of Elder this time in previous years. Also, im a Lagunitas Sucks addict right now so im not too disappointed.
  13. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

That's a good point... you may have something there.
    I love the crap outta that Sucks, too.
    But, tonight... I'm drinking Oskar The Grausch.
    It's good to work at the booze store sometimes.
  14. notscenerob

notscenerob Disciple (65) Arizona Jan 29, 2013

I heard from Epic this morning that Pliney will be around in a week or so. That matches up with what's been said here about the timing of releases. Just happened to talk to an employee and mentioned it, didn't want to be a pest about it.
  15. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aficionado (215) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

But does your source at Epic lift, bro? That is the only way to tell if they are reliable.
  16. b0rderman

u got the rares bro?
    highlifeCO likes this.
  17. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Aficionado (185) Colorado Oct 26, 2012

Anyone seen PtE hitting shelves yet? Also, any additional info on PtY tappings?
  18. ucsbmullet

ucsbmullet Savant (430) Colorado Oct 5, 2011

Elder has made it to the Springs.
  19. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aficionado (215) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

Oh my Dear god!
  20. MYJELLOMISFIT

MYJELLOMISFIT Initiate (0) Colorado Jan 14, 2007

Elder should be rolling everywhere this week.
    Prospero and Dtapeski like this.
  21. Prospero

Rolled in and out of Mondo Vino, they let a few people buy cases of it, it was gone in like 2-3 hours. I mean the whole entitlement discussion aside, that's a pretty douche-y thing to do. I know some stores don't care about bottle limits and rely on people to have some sort of moral fabric, but it just doesn't happen. Aside from ^Lukas of course where they give people a day or two notice and announce a specific time they'll release it. But hey, first come first served.
    SalukiAlum and coreymcafee like this.
  22. Dolph1979

Dolph1979 Aficionado (125) Colorado Nov 28, 2011

Yeah there should be some kind of limit, I was surprised to learn the store I go to has a six bottle limit, I am number three on that list so I am awaiting the call. Realistically 3 or 4 would be the most they should do, but its not my business I can't tell them how to run it! Ring phone ring!!!
  23. Prospero

Yea, I'm not saying the stores aren't free to do what they want, just does not seem very logical to benefit a few vs. many. It's around and not that hard to find elsewhere.
  24. Ciani

Ciani Zealot (85) Missouri Jul 8, 2009

I went in last night to get 1 for a buddy back in MO (I don't even care for it anymore) and they told me the last one just left. Then a guy came in and got his case. Lame...
  25. There are other IIPAs in the world people!!!! Try something local!!! Yeesh.
  26. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I would just like to remind the general BA community that I had nothing to do with this particular thread.
  27. A case of Pliny is a lot. Think of all the walez you could land.
  28. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (700) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

Its great but I can't imagine wanting a whole case of Pliny. Alpine Nelson is a different story.
  29. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (360) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

It's no different than stores posting/tweeting they have certain bottles available when in actuality, they're spoken for before such information is made public. What's the point. So you got a certain bottle. Great. Drink it. Businesses are free to do whatever they want. Sometimes I don't like it, but for the most part I don't care. And Pliny sucks. The only time I seek it out is to pass it along to others. Thanks for listening fellow CO BAs. I love this online family. Hugs to all.
    SalukiAlum and DenverBeerDrinker like this.
  30. b0rderman

Plinedawg dropped this morning bros, undrinkable by lunch time. Next.
    tacosandbeer, Prospero and joshclauss like this.
  31. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (875) Colorado May 19, 2005

I'm a bit surprised with this. Usually Pliny sits on Mondo's shelf for a couple of days. Must have been a random customer (or 2) getting cases....or perhaps their allocation was thinner.
  32. Silverthorne just got it in today, so there is hope for all who are still ISO
  33. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (160) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

Where in silverthorne can you get it?
  34. AHouseOnFire

AHouseOnFire Aspirant (35) Colorado Feb 11, 2013

We seem to sell out within a few days, but if any of you guys are up around Boulder, hit up Centennial Wine, Get it every other 3 weeks and it last two days. (We even have a two bottle limit) o_O
  35. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Savant (495) Colorado Aug 10, 2012

Any idea when it will hit next? Do you just harass the liquor stores everyday by calling?
  36. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (455) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

Argonaut had some yesterday.
  37. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (360) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

Hit last week.
  38. joshclauss

Would you guys say it's raining down? I'm trying to get my vocab right.
  39. Prospero

If Cantillon rains down at 20 cases for the state of Colorado every 6 months, I'd consider Pliny to be a pouring down at 40 cases every 5 weeks. Pliny for everyone! (numbers completely made up) But seriously if Cantillon was misting, this is more like a sprinkle.
  40. joshclauss

This sounds like a beer geek mathematical word problem.

If Cantillon is raining down at a speed of 10 cases per 5 million in population, and Pliny the Elder arrives in the state at a rate of 50 cases, is Pliny considered to be:
    A) Raining down
    B) Pouring in
    C) Crapping all over
    D) Too old to drink already
    nolimitnsb likes this.