1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

When does Pliny hit next?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Ciani, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Member

2. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Member

I think you should start a new thread and utilize the poll option.
    EDIT: And are we deciding the ratio or will there be a time addition to determine rate?
  3. joshclauss

joshclauss Member

You son of a b...

EDIT. Probably can't do that here.
    SFACRKnight likes this.
  4. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Member

<<< math geek with a beer hobby....
  5. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Member

While a bit different than PtE, Backcountry just tapped their Fix Your Heel dIPA. It's pretty friggin' good.
  6. Domingo

Domingo Member

I still like PtE, but don't really feel like hunting it down. I'll buy it if I see it, but Myrcenary, Hop Notch, Maharaja, and Dry Dock DIPA tend to fulfill any hop cravings I have.
    While not quite the same, I've been loving 90 Minute lately and that stuff's everywhere.
    I still need to try BackCountry's DIPA, but their track record speaks for itself.
  7. Prospero

Prospero Member

While I totally get that, and all of the Colorado IPAs are pretty darn good, I still like Pliny the best, it's far and away the most balanced. I too, don't go out of my way for it, but I buy it whenever I see it.

90-minute is excellent too
  8. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Member

Agree about the Pliny. And I was underwelmed with PtY at Strong Ale Fest. Good? Absolutely. But definitely over-hyped. Glad I got it early (hit that one first) when the doors first opened or I would've been even more let down. Now the 2011 BA Samaels was a totally diffferent story.................
  9. heyduke

heyduke Member

When did they tap it? How long will it last?
  10. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Member

I think it was tapped sunday. Not sure how much they made. Last time (2yrs ago?) Falling Rock had a keg.
  11. heyduke

heyduke Member

Cool thanks going up next weekend hopefully they still have some.
  12. pjk49202

pjk49202 Member

I'm going to say B.
  13. guyforget

guyforget Member

modus provides my low-ish abv daily hops intake, for the most part. hop notch and union jack are the next 2 regulars.

double jack has pretty much replaced myrcenary and dry dock dipa for me. it seems to always be freshest where im shopping as well. its easy to know when maharaja is fresh, so i buy the shit out of it when its out.

still love me some pliny but i only chase it when i have friends coming to town...
  14. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Member

Found some at Argonaut today, bottled March 12. I think I grabbed the last bottle though. :oops:
  15. denver10

denver10 Member

Yeah, a batch landed in Wilburs up here in Fort Collins yesterday. March 2 batch I believe I read....first time I have seen bottle so it up here since I moved here....no bottle limit for them either.
  16. ablackshear

ablackshear Member

Probably not the last one, they keep it in the back and put out one bottle at a time, even though the one bottle limit is enforced at the register and they can't even ring up more than one. They also don't keep it cold. I hate everything about the way Argonaut does it
    denver10 likes this.
  17. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Member

Mondo Vino had three rows on the shelf as of Wednesday
  18. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Member

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like Pliny's been showing up more often this year.
  19. ablackshear

ablackshear Member

I've talked to a few stores, they are doing smaller but more frequent shipments now. We've gotten it about every 3 weeks for the past couple months
  20. rboinski

rboinski Member

in california bottled on 04/01 just hit shelves if that is of any help
  21. bbfc

bbfc Member

Aggie liquors in Fort Collins had bottles dated 3/16 when I was in there yesterday.
    denver10 likes this.
  22. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Member

Grabbed one off the shelf at Argonaut today and it was definitely still cold.
  23. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Member

Between three of us, we've scored 8 bottles total today. Six are for son in Chicago at DLD; other two are definitely trading material for DLD. Hopslam, anyone?
  24. gklover1

gklover1 Member

Mile High had some Thursday...3/12 bottle date.