1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

When does Samuel Adams Fall Pack get released?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SteelCity75, Jul 24, 2013.

1. I'm talking about the Samuel Adams variety pack for fall, by the way. I'm a bit surprised it isn't out yet considering how early they like to release things. I'm not complaining though. Do you guys know if they have a set time that it starts going into stores, or do they switch it up every year?
  2. GoPickItUpBro

GoPickItUpBro Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013

Taking a random guess here, but I'm going to throw the dart and say it comes out late Summer/early Fall
    gcamparone and czfreeman like this.
  3. Read somewhere their Octoberfest is coming out in a few weeks plus Pumpkin Ales are already coming out o_O

My summer's not finished yet dammit!
    DrStiffington likes this.
  4. I think the fall pack came out back in February knowing Sam Adams.
  5. I am surprised I have not seen it yet. I haven't even heard what beers are going to be in the pack. Also, anybody know what the fall pack is for NB?
    Releasing it Aug-Oct is the best time frame IMO.
    If this is a conscious effort to get the seasonals back on track, I applaud them!
    sajaffe1 likes this.
  6. ant880

ant880 Advocate (635) New York Nov 7, 2010

The Fall Pack for 2013 was released in December 2012.
  7. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

Last year's was a dual release. They released the Fall 2012 and Fall 2013 together as part of a sampler 12-pack.
  8. Sam Adams Octoberfest here
    Smuttynose Pumpkin already here
  9. RichD

RichD Advocate (640) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

Realistically, probably in about 2-3 weeks. They have yet to announce what beers will be included though. So maybe 4-6 weeks.
    Craigory likes this.
  10. The way most seasonals have been coming out lately probably around last Easter
  11. ESHBG

ESHBG Aficionado (205) Pennsylvania Jul 30, 2011

Decent lineup. I usually pick up the Fall and Winter seasonal packs when they first come out, and the Fall one typically seems to hit my area in Aug., so I expect to see it within the next week or so.
  12. SrMonkey

SrMonkey Savant (265) Wisconsin Mar 19, 2008

It's release schedule is like Ramadan. Eventually it will cycle back around to the appropriate time
  13. Chugs13

Chugs13 Savant (430) New Jersey Dec 11, 2011

Last week ... I believe they usually target July 15th for the Octoberfest release. It will vary region to region depending on how well Summer Ale sold and when the distributors run dry on it, so usually anywhere between July 15th-Aug 1st.
    Craigory likes this.
  14. czfreeman

czfreeman Savant (455) California May 22, 2007

can't I just enjoy July?
  15. Octoberfest just hit TW in Charleston, SC today. I couldn't resist being one of the first ones to grab a sixer.
    mcmeador and Craigory like this.
  16. dap325

dap325 Aficionado (190) New York Apr 2, 2009

I'd imagine 2-3 weeks out. Depends on who the distributor is and how much of the summer mix packs they have left to sell through. Wouldn't be surprised to hear if there are distros sitting on the fall packs and are just waiting until they run through the summer.
  17. jmw

jmw Savant (430) North Carolina Feb 4, 2009

You are all so clever!
    Craigory likes this.

18. Really mad they didn't bring back the Dunkelweizen! That was my favorite beer in that seasonal pack. Oh well...maybe the Ruby Mild is decent.
    mcmeador likes this.
  19. RichD

RichD Advocate (640) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

Aren't we?
    DrStiffington likes this.
  20. Budinetz

Budinetz Savant (350) Pennsylvania Dec 29, 2010

It's usually late August but it has been earlier every year...
  21. Budinetz

Budinetz Savant (350) Pennsylvania Dec 29, 2010

Lol
  22. mcmeador

mcmeador Zealot (85) Mississippi Sep 2, 2012

I'm surprised I haven't seen it yet as well. I found the spring pack at the end of December and the summer pack at the end of March. I've been checking several stores over the past week looking for the fall pack and Octoberfest and have not had any luck yet. Good to hear that they apparently started shipping the Octoberfest early this week.

So is it just me or does Latitude 48 seem like an odd choice for the fall variety pack? The Dunkelweizen would have been a much better choice. Oh well...at least we get the Harvest Pumpkin again this year.
  23. This "Ruby Mild" intrigues me. I may have to extensively taste test that one.

MMMmmMMmmmMM malts.
  24. Just found one in a store yesterday. Maybe they saw my topic and sent them out with overnight shipping.
  25. Caj1

Caj1 Aficionado (105) Texas Jul 2, 2013

I imagine around early-mid August, but judging by some of the posts ITT about seeing their fall beers in stores already, it's anybody's guess when they'll release it in your area. I haven't seen any Sam Adams fall beers in stores yet let alone the twelve pack sampler, but West Virginia and Texas are pretty far apart.
  26. BigJim5021

BigJim5021 Advocate (510) Indiana Sep 2, 2007

A Fall sampler going out of code in November wrinkles my brain. And I would probably buy one of these if it didn't have the Octoberfest in it (unrealistic expectation, I know).
  27. Pretty sure Sam Adams' code would have these fall beers best by December or January.
  28. Steeeve

Steeeve Savant (255) Pennsylvania Nov 16, 2010

Whenever the first day of spring is... and then 3 weeks before that. I love me a good Oktoberfest in March!
  29. Mattco

Mattco Savant (250) Illinois Jun 5, 2011

Picked up one this weekend in southern Illinois.
  30. Total Wine by me (Southwestern CT) has been selling the fall pack since the week of 7/15.
  31. ESHBG

I agree that the Latitude 48 is an odd choice for this year. I am assuming that they are doing this to make it more widely known that the formula is different this year and includes Mosaic hops, and to balance out the malty-ness of the pack. I'll take the Latitude 48 I guess and it will be good to have some on hand for when I am in the mood for a low key IPA and for friends and what not, but I would have much rather seen some other choices in there (how about some beers SA never seems to include in their seasonal packs like the Boston Ale, Cream Stout, etc.?).
  32. AlienSwineFlu

AlienSwineFlu Savant (375) Ohio Dec 14, 2012

It's been out here for a week.
  33. AlienSwineFlu

AlienSwineFlu Savant (375) Ohio Dec 14, 2012

Pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised by it.
    Feel_the_Darkness likes this.
  34. LMT

LMT Savant (305) Virginia Oct 15, 2009

Latutude 48 is actually a SA brew that I enjoy for the reason you state...low key and good for a gathering of family and friends. Kind of odd for a sampler pack, but maybe they want folks to think of it for watching football with friends in the fall???
  35. ESHBG

Yeah, but IPAs in general just don't scream cool/cold weather to me (but with how popular IPAs have become, they are a year round beer for sure now). With how many way better IPAs there are out there, to me it would have made more sense for SA to focus on the rarer styles and/or the styles that they are better at...and more importantly, those you can directly associate with Fall.

Now I am curious to see what their Winter lineup will be...good thing we only have to wait until September to find out what that will be. :D
    LMT likes this.
  36. Octoberfest and Harvest Pumpkin are medicore. Looking forward to Hazel Brown and Ruby Mild I guess. I agree Latitude 48 doesnt belong there but then again I never had it.
  37. ESHBG

I picked up a case today and they are currently chilling in the fridge! :D Odd about the Nov. 2013 best buy date but I am assuming this is because the beer was brewed earlier this year, the Latitude 48 IPA and the freshness hype with IPAs, or the Winter pack will be arriving by then.

And the guys at the distributor started some funny banter about seasonals arriving so early anymore ha ha
  38. ESHBG

For those interested, I sampled some of the new beers in the pack and the Ruby Mild was decent and worth a try for sure, but I ended up really loving the Hazel Brown! Smooth, malty, and just the right amount of hazelnut!

Octoberfest is delicious as always, and I can't wait to try it in the cans! :D