1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

When is Blabaer release day in 2012?

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by UncleJimbo, May 14, 2012.

1. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (945) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

I would like to know what day Cantillon Blåbaer will be released in Copenhagen this year? Usually June (I think). I can't find the info. posted anywhere. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    Cantillon Blåbær Lambik
  2. According to Ølbutikken a week or two ago... Blåbær is on the way to Denmark. But they don't have a date yet. I'd guess end of may.
    FUNKPhD likes this.
  3. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (945) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

Thanks.

If anyone going to the release wants to set up a pre-trade of this beer with me, please contact me. Cheers.
    FUNKPhD likes this.
  4. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (680) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

Ditto... I'll be in Paris & Brussels in early June; assuming the release happens in May, I would love to set up an in-person trade in one of those cities.
  5. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

I should be in Copenhagen around 31 May. Does anyone know the best place to pick up a bottle? Would be amazing to be in town when it's released.
  6. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Only available at one place, I will tell you where if you get me a bottle!
    bigsippin, hannydawg and FUNKPhD like this.
  7. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

Well I think the "secret" is out. I never bothered to look into it as I have never been there. I live in the DC area so will be happy to do some IP trades if I am lucky.
  8. There has been an update on Ølbutikken's facebook wall.

"I hear rumours that Cantillon has a shipment for Ølbutikken next week. Wonder what that could be....."

Which more or less means that release is next week some day. It's usually on a saturday.
  9. kscaldef

Any further word here? It's too late for me to bring anything to trade on this trip to Europe, but I plan to be in Copenhagen in September and would gladly set up a trade for then if anyone is interested
  10. Nope...

But if you're interested in trading in September, let me know, maybe we can work something out (not necessarily about Blåbær, not sure I will buy any this year).
  11. My girlfriend will be in Copenhagen in 2-3 weeks. Is it pretty safe to say all of the Blabaer will be long gone by then?
  12. Most probably... but you can try and ask them to put aside one allocation for you. They are known to do that for travellers :)
  13. Thanks for the advice.

I sent them an email request, and will see what they say
  14. Anyone know how much these bottles cost US $ and if there is a limit per person. Got a friend living about a mile from the Ølbutikken store and i need to know how much to give him and how many people to send.
  15. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

This looks to be the best info i've seen to go off...from csano in this thread (sorry not sure how to permalink on the new forums):

I don't know the numbers for 2012, but for 2011, there were only 200 750ml bottles and a little more than that in 375ml bottles. Allocation was one of each and it was considered sold out once all of the 750ml bottles were gone with the remaining 375ml bottles being made available for on-site consumption. The 750ml bottles were 46(that's ~$57 USD) and the 375s were 23.​
  16. Thanks for the heads up dude. Did not know they made that little or were that expensive. Heres to hope!
  17. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

If you want someone else to go in with you...
  18. MrKennedy

No problem at all, thank csano. Hope you can get some.
  19. meerkat2

meerkat2 Aficionado (245) Florida Aug 27, 2007

That post is not accurate.. Last year it was 360dkk (48 euro at the current rate) for both bottles, total. I paid 240dkk for a 750ml. Just sayin'.
  20. MrKennedy

Oops, sorry about that
  21. meerkat2

meerkat2 Aficionado (245) Florida Aug 27, 2007

Not your fault. Also, the prices listed could have been for on-site consumption. Mine was 'to go'.
  22. As meerkat2 says. The price for a big one is 240DKK ($40) and half of that, 120DKK ($20), for a small one.

The on-site consumption price for the small one was 180DKK. Can't remember what it was for the big one.
  23. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

So has anyone heard a confirmation of the actual release date?
  24. Nope, last update is this:

Sure Blåbær Lambik is coming - but no date available yet :-(
    We PROMISE to let you know as soon as possible!

Ølbutikken posted it on their wall two days ago.
    thetomG likes this.
  25. futura123

futura123 Savant (330) California Jul 29, 2010

You should go back to study and forget about Blueberry Lambic :mad:
  26. They told me yesterday that it was still in transit, and not even yet in their possession. They will not announce a date till they actually have it.

Me thinks it is still probably a few weeks away.
  27. kiki3drt292

kiki3drt292 Savant (360) California Jan 13, 2011

Does anyone know how long it stays on the shelf for? I will be in Germany at the end of the month, and if it is still around, I might just have to take a little detour over to Copenhagen...
  28. The big ones go fast... small ones can hang around maybe a week... week and a half tops.
  29. kiki3drt292

kiki3drt292 Savant (360) California Jan 13, 2011

Awesome, I guess I will just keep paying attention, and hopefully the timing works out! Thanks!
  30. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

Thank you for the correction! I hate to pass on bad information. Were the bottle numbers off, too?

EDIT: Found this post on RateBeer. Looks like bottle counts/price was confirmed by Jeppe. And it also appears I had the numbers right, but the currency wrong, according to that post. Sorry about that, guys!
  31. kscaldef

ISO: the mythical Danish trader

I threw up an ISO:FT for an IP trade later this year, but have gotten crickets. Is there anyone out there interested in this?
  32. It was posted that on the ølbuttiken facebook page that the release is on the 23rd of june. Bottle limit 2. A 375 and one 750. Good luck to all who wants to get one.
  33. Oooooh Doopie, we can't wait!:) Can i have yours?

Thijs
    Kuemmelbrau and doopiedoopiedoo like this.
  34. bierenutz

bierenutz Savant (310) Michigan Jan 21, 2010

Hey brother, I thought you weren't into sours...unless you plan to surprise me! ;)
  35. No, sours are still not my cup of tea....just made fum with Erik who also dislikes sours, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Thijs
  36. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

The idea of living in Europe and not liking sours BLOWS MY MIND!!!

Also: iso...
    bkrueger likes this.
  37. Cinderbike

Cinderbike Savant (270) Nevada Jan 16, 2011

June 23rd? Drat. I was planning on some friends to snag me a bottle, but they will be gone by then. If anyone wants to go international, PM me. I've been gunning for a bottle for years.
  38. hurleymanvw

hurleymanvw Savant (315) Georgia Jan 9, 2007

Hey gents can i get some tips from those of you that have done this release before, like what time to show up and etc. I have a slight chance of being in Copenhagen this weekend and would love to pick some of this up.
  39. mathieu87

mathieu87 Aficionado (195) Belgium Jun 22, 2011

any idea on how fast the bottles go?
    i mean, you have to be there earlier??
    how long the the big bottles last last year?
    and how do they define who came in first? you get a number or something like that when you arrive?
    thanks in advance!
  40. You guys seriously underestimate the rush for the bottles. Last year I was there 30 minutes before release and there was nobody there. Ten minutes before I went back and a small line had formed. At opening a line maybe 20-30 minutes long was there. Seriously, no rush. If you are there around opening there should be bottles for you.