1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

When is Blabaer release day in 2012?

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by UncleJimbo, May 14, 2012.

1. hurleymanvw

hurleymanvw Savant (365) Georgia Jan 9, 2007

Thanks for the insite, some of the ones in the US get crazy.

2. This is the toughest release date for it. Not only am I flying back into Scandinavia two days after the release (probably missing the beer), but I also can't get any of my Swedish friends to go from Malmo to Copenhagen because it's the day after Midsummer. I wonder if Olbutikken did this to screw their neighbors to the north.

3. I think in general Americans are just way more upthight about aquiring the newest whale on the block than most Europeans.

OtisCampbell and Kuemmelbrau like this.
  4. Meant as a joke to the Swedes, particuarly those living in Malmo. They love their beer but for them to take time off a Holiday to acquire beer is sacrilegious.

I still have my trading partners, just need to give up a little bit more.. Who knows though, if its still there on Saturday, I may take a detour to also visit friends last minute in Copenhagen.

5. Hah... yeah. Several friends of mine are pissed about the date. You really have to appreciate what a big deal midsummer is for us swedes. It's on level with thanksgiving... :p

6. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

I'd blow off Thanksgiving to get Blabaer. Then again, I don't really give a shit about holidays, Europeans seem to be into them.

7. Well, the thing about living close to Copenhagen, or at least within reach... it's not that big of a deal to just wait until next year. It's not like Blåbær is that good either :/

8. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Well, I'm taking donations!

9. So I heard. Blabla isn't all that great, yet everybody wants it. Is it because it's a rare Cantillon? Is it the blueberries?
    Why is this the holy grail of fruit beer?

Just curious but not curious enough to drive 10hrs one way.