1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

when trading. whalish beers...

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Stewmeister91, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Assuming its not with a regular trader, do you share photos to confirm the other party has the beer you are pursuing?
  2. "I don't have the beer that you are looking for, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. LMK if I need to add"

[​IMG]
  3. nope, pretty sure I don't want any beer trade enough to bother taking a picture to prove I have some liquid.
  4. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

If anyone asks me for a picture of beer I just send a pic of my schlong. One of two things will happen : 1. They will feel sorry for me and the pathetic life I surely must live and allow me to *win* the trade or 2. They will be so impressed they will bow to my clear superiority and just send me their entire cellar.

In other words, it's a win-win.
  5. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

I have had this happen once before. I obliged, but let him know that it weirded me out. Also, I removed the .exif data juuuuust in case.
    claaark13 likes this.
  6. I sent a picture when trading away the BT 2009. Apparantly there were vintage issues before. It's not a bad idea really.
    claaark13 likes this.
  7. I just send them my home movies to show that I know my beers.

8. amnesia85

amnesia85 Savant (285) Connecticut Mar 31, 2012

That 151 video link is funny, but I don't believe he actually did it. He should have saved the last sip and spit fire with it to prove that it wasn't just filled with brisk baby!
  9. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Unless its Lexington Steele. In that situation he would think, "This guy, again?!?"
  10. ISO- picture of mordomongo's schlong
  11. FT: picture of MordorMongo's schong

ISO: Midnight Sun M
    claaark13 likes this.
  12. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (635) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

What's FT? I'm sure it's floating around on the internet somewhere, shouldn't be too hard to find.
  13. claaark13

If I were trading whales with someone who doesn't really trade, I'd ask them to ship first. Especially if it were something like Weyerbacher Rapture, possibly coupled with Supplication.
  14. With the goon, I'm sure that a SNR2010 is involved somehow. (sorry goon, it was just the low-hanging fruit)
  15. SNR 2010 is amazing.
  16. I hope so, I've got one in the cellar
  17. Want another? ;)
    mikecharley and lucas1801 like this.
  18. MordorMongo

I'd probably trade a shaft pic for a SNR2010, but no head and no taters. Ok, maybe a bit of sidenut, but that's it.
    YaKnowBrady, Etan, JulianB and 3 others like this.
  19. claaark13

nm.
    lucas1801 likes this.
  20. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

On MM's topic: If I were a brewer I would make a <200 bottle count sour and name it Nudes. The bannings in the ISO:FT forum would be legendary.
    franklinn, bugdoc, LoPo87 and 10 others like this.
  21. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

I don't even know why that would matter :(
  22. So that is what that picture was? I thought it was gonzo from the muppets.
    MordorMongo, FEUO and claaark13 like this.
  23. Shmeal

Shmeal Savant (495) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I would ask for a photo if I was trading for whales with a user with no references. If I have references then it's not necessary imo
  24. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Sometimes I share photos for the beer pr0nz - not to prove I have the beer though.
  25. No - I've never had the request and honestly, I'd probably find it kind of weird. I guess it's reasonable to ask a noob trying to trade a whale, but even then, they should be shipping first, so why would it matter...
  26. MordorMongo

My assumption is someone was just wanting to rub one out to a photo of a Roze label....or was it Blauw?? :oops:

Either way.
    claaark13 likes this.
  27. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

I've never asked or been requested, but I'm surprised so many people are offended by the idea. I would do it if someone asked, I don't care.
  28. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Missouri Jan 27, 2012

29. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Why ain't that guy made a wizard stick yet?