1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Where can I get BBL People's Porter & reg People's Porter in bottles in Charlotte?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by Darklight, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Darklight

Darklight Savant (255) Pennsylvania Jun 27, 2006

I will be visiting Charlotte in a couple of weeks and I'd really like to take home some BBL People's Porter and regular People's Porter bottles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. VaTechHopHead

VaTechHopHead Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2008

My girlfriend found a bunch at the Total Wine in Greensboro, NC a couple weeks back. I'm assuming if they were in TW about an hour up the road they would be at the same place in Charlotte. Not 100% positive but worth a try, or a phone call at least. Cheers!
  3. Darklight

Thanks. I do know where the Total Wine is in Charlotte. I've been there a few times. It's right near Brawley's, which is where I usually go for beer in Charlotte. I was going to call there tomorrow as well.
  4. Brawley's. He had both as of Friday last week
  5. Darklight

Thanks. I'm going to call Mike tomorrow. He usually hooks me up because I'm from out of town. Hopefully he can put both on hold for me. I love the regular version. It's my favorite porter. Speaking of which, is it pretty readily available now that it's in bottles?
  6. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

The regular porter is consistently stocked at the TW near me in Durham, as well as at Sam's.

I know you'll be pretty far away, but Carrboro Beverage Co. in Carrboro had a ton of it. Hopefully you get it at the $6.99 price point.

7. If you don't call him, I'm probably going to head over there tomorrow anyway so I'll check either way. In fact I need another barrel-aged for myself. Now that the regular is being bottled I'd suspect you should have little trouble finding it on a regular basis.
  8. He usually has a decent amount of the regular PP in the back walk-in cooler.
  9. Darklight

Thanks everyone. I'm going to stop by Brawley's and pick some up when I go to Charlotte for work in a couple of weeks.
  10. Obviously, check Brawleys first but if they do not have any, Common Market on Tryon has some. I'm pretty sure that the Midtown Common Market does also.
  11. Brawley has around 4 cases left fyi