1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Where to buy Cantillon/Drie Fonteinen in Australia?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by SlightlyStoopidG, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Specifically in Melbourne, but if not that then in Perth? Any suggestions for the best place? Thanks guys!

2. I can only speak for Perth. Three main shops, IBS, Mane & Cellarbrations Carlisle. Some fresh Cantillon is not that far from our shore. No Lou Pepes though.

If you come to Carlisle, make yourself known, always happy to chat or hold stock if necessary.

Joel.

SlightlyStoopidG likes this.
  3. cheers, already found you via google! I will take a look :cool:

4. Maybe have a chat with some of these Aussie BA's for trades if you can bring some stuff along? Myself included!!

5. gulden

gulden Aficionado (180) Australia Mar 20, 2011

Slowbeer in Melbourne usually has some - but email ahead to check. Chris is pretty cool and may hold stuff for you.

6. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

There won't be a lot floating around until the new shipment hits I would imagine.

7. mulder1010

mulder1010 Initiate (0) Australia Aug 29, 2008

There are a few places in Sydney still with them on the shelf. Not saying where

8. I thought Lukie had hoarded the complete stash of Cantillon in this country. Clearly not :(

9. Lukie

I wasn't far off it!

10. Hoptron_3000

Hoptron_3000 Savant (260) Australia May 27, 2013

Probably the best places in Melbourne would be Purvis Cellars, Purvis Beer, Prince wine store, Slow Beer (still have Drie Fonteine Oud Gueze as of last week). Also could try Carwyn cellars and Smith St cellars. Good luck but I'm pretty sure Melbourne is Cantillon dry at the moment.

11. dronedream

dronedream Aficionado (135) Texas Sep 10, 2012

What about in Brisbane? I have friend that lives nearby but is not sure where to look.

12. barls

barls Aficionado (175) Australia Nov 15, 2006

between you and me then.
    plonk is the best place ive seen a price on it.

13. Lukie

I managed to score 16 bottles of gueuze. That is more than the allocation shops received. Going to bring six of the suckers to the Feral staff party.

14. spicelab

spicelab Savant (425) Australia Nov 6, 2009

Junkie :)

Have you heard anything about Oz allocations for the LPs & Fou Foune this year?

15. dgilks

dgilks Advocate (685) Australia Jul 14, 2008

Quiet you.

16. Lukie

Nah no idea. Last I heard about LP's was we were receiving none.

17. spicelab

Wrong answer Lukie :(

Becoming alarmed at the prospect that we're only ever going to get the standard range from now on.

Which would mean the end of one of the biggest positives about being an Aussie beer geek.

dgilks and MrKennedy like this.
  18. Lukie

Hop Hog isn't going anywhere :/

19. spicelab

What about the fabled sour program :~

20. Lukie

I don't know anything about that one, but the one that does exist is being worked on ;)

spicelab likes this.