1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

Where to buy German and Belgian beers in Calais or Dunkirk?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by LeeMc, Nov 2, 2012.

1. LeeMc

LeeMc Initiate (15) Nov 2, 2012

Hi there,

I'm planning a trip across the channel from the UK to buy some Belgian and German beer. I was thinking Bruges because I'm more than happy with Belgian beer, but my friend is really keen to get some German beer too.

I've looked around online but (unsurprisingly) it's all about Belgian beer in Belgium!

Would be happy to find somewhere near Calais or Dunkirk to buy both, or alternatively somewhere in Belgium that sells both. Can't really afford the extra hours to drive to Germany!

2. Dranken Geers in Oostakker has a very good selection of German beers. Oostakker is near Gent, still a one hour drive from Bruges......If you want to buy from both country's i would skip Bruges and drive to Oostakker directly...

This is the site: http://www.drankengeers.be/site/en

Thijs

3. LeeMc

LeeMc Initiate (15) Nov 2, 2012

Thanks Brabander, I'll add that to my list for my next trip!

4. Try to make a stop at Carrefour or any other big supermarket on the way back to UK, if still got space in the car boot. I have try to shop in Carrefour. Over there you can find the popular Belgian and German beer with a very reasonable price. Last time I even found the Rochefort and St Bernardus is cheaper than in Belgium.