1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Where to drink in Paris

Discussion in 'Europe' started by nawset, Sep 20, 2012.

1. My wife and I will be there this fall. Wondering if anyone can recommend some nice beer bars that we should hit.

actone2001 likes this.
  2. This place is great for lunch

Chez Denise
    5 Rue des Prouvaires , Paris
    33 01 42362182

I ate there last spring

3. Oh dear God - the food looks amazing. Have noted both addresses.

4. IMHO in Paris all must drink Burgundy, if beer is "principal idea" nearest Irish pub is most useful variant

5. Sightseeing is the main reason for our trip to Paris. That said, we would like to enjoy Belgian beer that is difficult to get in the states. We don't find wine at all interesting and Irish beers (esp dry stouts) are not complex enough for our tastes.

6. DRBiser

DRBiser Savant (405) Maryland May 4, 2012

Was there in April and sought out a place for both top notch food and beer. This place Bouillon Racine is a brasserie and it checks all the boxes in a big way (you prob already know this, but brasserie's still have outstanding french cuisine, but aren't overly stuffy and will not break the bank). And while the beer selection isn't massive here, it's VERY well thought-out and i tried a few excellent guezues, plus it has the more classic belgians. It's also in the Saint Germain area which has loads of other things going on - other amazing bars, cool shops, music, and close to the touristy stuff. Finally, this place is incredible inside and is perfect as a date spot with the wifey. Made the trip with my fiance shortly after we were engaged, and our meal was one of the highlights. Try to make a reservation earlier in the day if possible.

http://www.bouillon-racine.com/

7. ^^^ That looks awesome! We will check it out; we are actually staying near there.

8. DRBiser

Good stuff i hope you make it there. I lived in europe for 3 years before making it to paris (and traveled significantly...just always wanted to wait and go with a local...) I'm an idiot for not going sooner. Incredible city to say the very least. Enjoy!

9. skimoore

skimoore Aficionado (200) France Nov 2, 2007

Best beer addresses to drink are La Fine Mousse (20 taps, all micros and half French micros), L'express de Lyon (classic belgians and a few good micros, best prices in Paris) and Brewberry (only bottles but great international selection)...as far as shops you have Cave à Bulles (mostly French brews) and Bootlegger (classic Belgian selection).

pixieskid and nawset like this.
  10. Yeah - we try to get to Europe at least once a year (started when we hit 40). One of the benefits of being DINKs. This will be our first time in Paris. Can't wait (provided the American Airlines issues don't derail the trip).

11. DRBiser

Excellent - good for you. Jealous. Not gonna lie i had to look up DINK. And then i was trying to think up a good acronym for myself considering i was single, living a cushy ex-pat lifestyle in London in my first job immediately out of college and riding the commodities bubble (until it popped)....but nothing came to mind!

Cheers

12. LOL. You read any of Ben Mezrich's stuff (particularly Rigged and Ugly Americans)? If not, you would probably appreciate it.

13. Chinon01

Chinon01 Savant (440) Pennsylvania Jan 23, 2007

What's the beer list like there?

14. DRBiser

Haha, yeh i read Bringing Down the House a few years back and bits of the two you've mentioned. Pretty entertaining stuff, particularly as i worked/lived through some it. Ohhhhh only if i cared as much about that stuff as i did about beer!

Kinda funny that we're having a side conversation about these topics in a forum originally intended to discuss one of the most beautiful and pure European cities. Gotta love BA!!

nawset likes this.
  15. Nightfall

Nightfall Aficionado (160) Greece Aug 16, 2006

pixieskid and actone2001 like this.
  16. This is Brilliant! I logged on to basically ask the same thing... because I too will be in Paris for a few days in November.Thanks to the OP, and thanks to everyone else for their help.

17. Chinon01

Chinon01 Savant (440) Pennsylvania Jan 23, 2007

"We don't find wine at all interesting and Irish beers (esp dry stouts) are not complex enough for our tastes."

Ya don't say?

18. ^^^ Comment was in reference to kot1967. But true none-the-less.

19. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (365) California Mar 13, 2009

I had a good time at Clichy's Tavern.

20. WildAleRah

WildAleRah Aspirant (30) Oct 1, 2012