1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

where to find Baxter hayride, Ten Fidy

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by brureview, Sep 29, 2012.

1. In the Boston area, where can I find Baxter Brewing Hayride, and Oskar Blues Ten Fidy? Martys doesn't have either beer.
  2. Craft Beer Cellar's (in belmont) online inventory shows that they have both.
  3. Vinnin in Swampscott has both as well
  4. Redstone Liquors in Stoneham has Hayride, just picked some up. not digging it so much right now.
  5. BiffMcgriff

BiffMcgriff Aspirant (35) Maine Jan 12, 2012

agreed. after reading their own description i got pretty excited.. but like the celsius i feel like its just another let down.
  6. was a lot better after i let it get somewhat unpleasantly warm. the spices really don't come out until it is almost room temp. they need to work on that.. Celsius had the same problem.
  7. Do you think any of this had to do with expectations? I thought their first two offerings (Pamola & Stowaway) were both great. Then I had the Celsius and Hayride and was underwhelmed. Not bad beers, but not my favorite from them. I tried the stout (their next seasonal) on tap when I visited the brewery and thought it had potential.
  8. maybe. i'm not sure. FWIW, i have liked Hayride more the couple times i've had it since my post. i think i was just expecting more spice and oak.

i went to college about 5 blocks away from the brewery, so i've been there more than 10 times, and i've had all of their beers multiple times. i think Pamola's pretty weak, tbh- i'd drink it if it came in 30s, but that's about it. Stowaway's great, Amber Road is solid... i do really think Celsius sucks though. they had a DIPA on for tasting at the brewery briefly that was killer....