1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Where to Find Central Waters BBBW.

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by TIMMYJ21, Mar 2, 2012.

1. TIMMYJ21

TIMMYJ21 Aficionado (210) Minnesota Apr 29, 2010

Any help would be sweet. Thanks

2. Sender

Sender Initiate (0) Minnesota Sep 19, 2010

Casanova's still has some, or at least they did on Wednesday when I was there.

3. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

They had at least a few cases left today.

4. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

My cellar! I will bring a couple bottles to you tomorrow.

5. Sender

Sender Initiate (0) Minnesota Sep 19, 2010

6. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Savant (320) Minnesota Dec 28, 2008

Saw some at France 44 tonight.

7. doucmehu

doucmehu Savant (390) Wisconsin Mar 1, 2010

I wonder how much they made compared to last year? I swear it sold out in like 2 days last year and I can't imagine there was less hype or market this year.

8. To be fair, the op didnt specify where he was looking for it. ;) Tim, if you want some let me know.

darklordlager likes this.
  9. Jas, your such a giver.

10. Haha, ya but usually only when I lose a football bet or theres a little stack of CW BBBW at my place of work. Speaking of which, have you used your gc yet?

11. Indeed--well stocked on both at the moment!

12. TIMMYJ21

TIMMYJ21 Aficionado (210) Minnesota Apr 29, 2010

Thanks for all the help everyone!:D

13. Steasy66

Steasy66 Savant (370) Minnesota Feb 23, 2012

Thanks for the info, my wife goes to Eau Claire once a week for school, having her pick some up for me today.

14. psychotia

psychotia Savant (375) Minnesota Jun 27, 2009

Saw the stack yesterday... quite the site of limited CW beers!

15. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

I wonder if they made more this year as well? I have seen it available at FAR more stores this year, and Peruvian and BBBW are still around. Saw some at Cellars in Woodbury, and Liquor Barrel in SLP.

Actually, im pretty sure MN didnt see ANY of the Bourbon CW beers last year.

16. Steasy66

Is there anything besides BBBW and Peruvian Morning I should tell my wife to grab. I am not that familiar with the CW line.

17. If there is any Peruvian Morning left in the Bloomington/Burnsville area, I would love to know.

Otherwise, I would trade a 4pk of BBBW for a 4pk of Peruvian if anyone works near Bloomington.

Only got my hands on the barleywine. Cheers.

18. psychotia

psychotia Savant (375) Minnesota Jun 27, 2009

Bourbon Barrel Stout is my fav of the series. Y2K is there too (non-barreled BBBW)

19. Steasy66

Cool, I have some BBS already. Does NG have anything limited out right now?

20. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Yes, they made a lot more. I remember reading (& can't find because, well, I didn't look, & I'm lazy) that Central Waters expanded their barrel-aging program significantly for this year in order to provide more of their beers to more markets. I believe Casanova's only rec'd 3 cases last year & it was gone in hours, & this year they got a ton. And you're correct, Minnesota didn't receive any of the barrel-aged brews last year & now they appear to be everywhere. That deserve a cheer! :D

21. We did get a small allocation of the CW BB Stout in the cities, but only a few spots got it. I definitely remember seeing it at Zipp's and Firkins. The other 2 we did not get at all, though. I discussed with the CW head brewer when he was tasting at Firkins last year, and he talked about how much they were expanding their capacity and that we could expect to see the BW and PM this year. He certainly came through on that!

22. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Its also much appreicated that they package these in very reasonably priced 4 pks, and not bombers or 750's. There are way to many other breweries putting out Bourbon stout/BW's in big bottles, and pricing them upwards of ten bucks.

23. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (475) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

If you haven't tried the Y2K, definitely have your wife get some of that as well - it is the base beer for the BBBW, and it is FANTASTIC on its own. We did a side by side tasting last week and loved them both!

24. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

I stand corrected! It's a frequent occurrence, as any member of my family can tell you. :p