Where to find Jai Alai in Lakeland...

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by RayOhioFelton, Mar 12, 2013.

1. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Advocate (550) Ohio May 24, 2011

I am thinking of asking my grandfather to pick up a case of jai alai up before he comes home to Cleveland, Ohio from his winter home in Lakeland, Florida.

The man is 83 years old so I don't want to send him on a wild goose chase. Wondering if this Cigar City brew is readily available in the grocery store or where my best bet to find it is. I plan on calling the store to make sure they have it before my grandpa goes there but could really use some help from the local community!

2. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

Jai Alai and Maduro should both be available at any Publix supermarket... Just find out which one he shops at and call them. Only available by 6 pack though. They may also have Hotter than Helles and Florida Cracker available as well, my local Publix's have recently started stocking them

3. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

Just make sure he gets it right before he leaves... don't send him now if he's not coming up until April... Jai Alai is amazing when fresh, but after a month or two it starts to lose some of it's tropical lustre

kwakwhore likes this.
  4. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Advocate (550) Ohio May 24, 2011

Thanks so much, sounds like an easy enough venture...

5. Go to Grapevine on S. FL Ave in the Lake Miriam shopping center. They have the best selection in town by far and always have fresh (sometimes VERY fresh) jai alai along with tons of other CCB offerings.

6. jmwildwest

jmwildwest Aficionado (215) Florida Mar 10, 2013

I second Grapevine on South Florida. Leaps and bounds above the competition. Great selection, great staff, and the best place to get CCB.

7. I agree. Is it just me or does it seem like since they went to canning the freshness has fallen off? We used to get Jai Alai that was litteraly one week old. Every week our Total Wine would get fresh CCB beers when they were in bottles. I keep going back to check and most of it was canned in January, if your lucky you can find February! I have heard that the cans will keep it fresh for a longer period but idk how much longer! Anybody have thoughts on this?

8. Bigintobeer

Bigintobeer Disciple (60) Florida Feb 3, 2013

I also think the freshness has fallen off, I was just at CCB this past weekend and there are stacks on top of stacks of cans in the packaging area waiting to ship. But it is still a hell of a beer!

9. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

those were empty cans in the warehouse.

beer at CCB is pretty much shipped out the day or the next day after it is packaged. nothing sits around.

10. I bought Jai Alai at Grapevine today. It was canned March 4. It doesn't get much fresher than that. Perhaps where you buy it from doesn't turn over their stock that quickly.