1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Where to pick up La Cumbre Elevated?

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Kenye, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Kenye

Kenye Aficionado (165) Jun 28, 2012

My significant other will be driving back to Arizona from Texas next week and was wondering if anybody knew any possible liquor stores along the way? He'll be making his way down Midland, Odessa, El Paso and then following I-10 all the way across New Mexico. Any of you guys in the area know of a good store on the way? I don't want him having to stop multiple times and searching for a beer if possible :(. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Show

Show Aficionado (235) Texas Jul 21, 2011

hopefully a NM guy can chime in, not available in TX..

3. Kenye

Hm...I had heard rumors it was available in El Paso at least...

4. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (570) Texas Nov 20, 2011

Beerjobber.com

5. Kenye

I didn't ask where I could buy it on the internet...

6. mhenson42

$74 for a case shipped direct from the brewery (very fresh). About $12 a 4-pack shipped to your door. Seems easier to me than trying to have a friend hunt down beer, possibly having to "stop multiple times", but whatever....:rolleyes:

lokieman and jl28r1 like this.
  7. erway

erway Aficionado (220) New Mexico Jul 28, 2006

If you'd like a whole case, I would definitely recommend beerjobber as the cases being sent out are no more than a couple weeks old. There are a number of liquor stores in Las Cruces that carry it. Will try to get back to you on one or two of them.

8. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Fixed

9. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Aficionado (220) Texas Apr 12, 2012

I think the order I got from Beerjobber was canned 10 days before I got it.. according to the sticker on the four-pack holder. Fresh!

10. Kenye

I didn't mean to sound like a dick. It is nice to know their are other options out there, but that really is a last resort for me. But it is nice to know the option exists ;).

11. beerserks

beerserks Savant (290) Texas Oct 19, 2010

Na its not in El Paso :/ I wish! He might have luck in Las Cruces but not sure which stores... Good luck and Cheers!

12. Not sure if you still need help, but both Celebration Liquor stores almost always have it in stock, aswell as the Toucan Market across the street from NMSU

13. Kenye

Thanks for the help! He actually leaves tomorrow so it's perfect timing. Celebrate is also RIGHT off I-10, shouldn't take but a minute!

14. Glad I could help!

15. Kenye

Any other brews New Mexico might be able to get worth trying? I know Arizona is right next door, and we share a lot... But there might be that one hidden treasure!

Wow...Seekabrew says you guys have like nothing we can't get :(!

16. Yah I am not sure, my favorite locals are La Cumbre IPA and Santa Fe Java Imperial Stout. Some people really like some of Marble Brewings offerings, their IPA and Imperial Red Ale.

17. mhenson42

Marble DIPA is awesome.

18. JOrtt

JOrtt Savant (345) California Dec 20, 2012

You can pick it up in Sprouts. It used to be Sunshine market. Also available at Kelly's liquor. Hope this helps!

19. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Picked up 2 4-packs at Whole Foods in Santa Fe today while driving up to Colorado.

Drinking one now... holy shit. I only got little tastes before, 16oz is enlightening.