1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Which brewing company has the best packaging design?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Ohio_Stevo, Feb 5, 2013.

1. three floyds have to be the best

2. Pretty Things has great bottle art.

3. zstef99

zstef99 Aficionado (185) New York Dec 25, 2008

Agree with Great Divide and Goose Island. Also a big fan of the Bruery's labels.

4. brewtus

brewtus Savant (355) Ohio Dec 29, 2012

Though I know there are better labels, Rogue labels got me in to craft beer and I still think they're sweet. FFF always has great labels

5. Bitter_Echo

Bitter_Echo Savant (400) Michigan Apr 13, 2012

Those sure. And this too:
    [​IMG]

Simple.

t4haughton likes this.
  6. Hey. Great Lakes- Cleveland. Clever names and great artwork. Also invaluable ABV information and clear, easy to find 'Enjoy By' date. Thanks.

7. Thedrizzle

Thedrizzle Savant (455) Florida Sep 10, 2012

Definitely flying dog. You can't beat Ralph steadman and HST.

8. searsclone

searsclone Savant (325) Arizona Sep 7, 2006

9. weonfire

weonfire Savant (360) Illinois Sep 4, 2012

I actually completely disagree and I am somewhat stunned why they are going away from I thought excellent rustic designs to very blah new-age ones. terrible decision in my opinion.

10. . . . and you get a free Yeti sticker in their variety 12 pk! What's not to love about that??? :cool:

11. ESeab

ESeab Advocate (505) New Jersey Jan 3, 2013

Port, I like surfing, and collecting there bottles, and..... drinking their beer

12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]New Belgium Lips of Faith

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Savant (370) Oklahoma Feb 4, 2009

14. Dirty25

Dirty25 Savant (370) Germany Jan 22, 2012

Troegs have really cool bottles. Goose Island has really clean labels I like them a lot. Three Floyd's labels are dark and disturbing but really artistic. Flying do has some cool labels as well

15. DOGFISH HEAD

Lantern likes this.
  16. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

To me, nothing beats the art on their 750s. Also, Burton, Olde School &
    Raison D'Extra kick major ass.

17. weonfire

weonfire Savant (360) Illinois Sep 4, 2012

New Albanian:

[​IMG][​IMG]

MADPolo and ezperkins2 like this.
  18. Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I've always liked the artwork on a Bell's beer. I think it's pretty sweet that they use stuff from local artists too.

19. Half Acre is another I do lilke

20. 1. Jester King
    2. Lost Abbey
    3. Three Floyds

21. spoonhawk

spoonhawk Savant (345) Iowa Dec 3, 2010

I really like New Galrus's Thumb Print series beers. Unpretentious and unmistakable.

Stratoc100 and nickapalooza86 like this.
  22. For some reason I don't like Lost Abbey's at all...but it seems to be getting a lot of love in this thread. I guess I'm more into the more contemporary stuff like Unitas, New Belgium Lips of Faith and Half Acre stuff. Lost Abbey reminds me of stuff I'd see in a Sunday School book or something.

23. Really surprised nobody has mentioned Sixpoint's cans, which I absolutely love.

sacrelicio likes this.
  24. Pretty Things.

25. I tend to like any bottle with an old-timey look to it because I like old-timey things. Of course, a lot of breweries will do this for one or two of their beers, like Lakefront did it for their wit (Which was the main reason I bought it). I also rather like Yard's and Samuel Smith's just because they look old, though I can't say they aren't also good breweries.

26. Thedaver4220

Thedaver4220 Savant (265) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

Gotta go with Floyds, now if they could only get the labels to stay on the bottle!

27. timwmccann

timwmccann Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2012

Rogue's Dead Guy Ale. best design.

checktherhyme likes this.
  28. ZRBE

ZRBE Aficionado (110) Oregon Jul 24, 2012

29. De Dolle. No contest.

30. Shagator

Shagator Savant (410) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

FFF followed by Stone in a close second. I kinda like Great lakes as well and Im sure im the only one

31. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (380) New York Jul 16, 2011

ok, this is where my ny identity comes out.
    I'm partial to coney island's crazy labels, and brooklyn brewery for their iconic B. The B has both mid-century modern appeal (even though it was designed in the late 80's...), and nostalgia appeal as it was created by the master graphic artist Milton Glaser (who designed the I <3 NY logo).

ColdOne likes this.
  32. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

I have always like Arcadia Ales' graphic design.

[​IMG]

Anything but Bell's

[​IMG]

Bitter_Echo likes this.
  33. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) California Nov 29, 2012

i like the Great Divide's.. mainly because i love the beer

i was going to say Unita as well (as someone already did). someone's doing a great job in their art department.

i'm partial to Sierra labels. they are always awesome.

i think Revolution has some kick ass art

[​IMG]

just saw these today actually. never had em but like the design

[​IMG]

34. I LOVE the labels for the limited Smokestacks (Impy, BBQ, Saison Brett, etc)

EDIT: DFH 90 Minute is one of my favorite labels ever

35. t4haughton

t4haughton Zealot (95) Illinois Jan 24, 2013

North Peak and Arcadia are a couple of my favorites. But then I'm a sucker for Gotham. And I think the Bourbon County series looks great too.

Three Floyd's is awful. It's a good thing they have good beer, because they have zero visual taste. It would be awesome to see a rebranding, but they're too far down the road with the graphic novel/skull and crossbones look.

36. b-one

b-one Aficionado (230) California Feb 6, 2013

Not really directly to your point, but I like to be amused by the label or packaging. Lagunitas would be my vote.
    Maybe I Suck or am just Hop Stoopid. People do say I mumble sometimes. Don't know, too busy listening to the beer speak to me.
    Woof.

37. [​IMG]

F'n GENIUS!! o_O (guarantee that graphic artist is not working for a craft brewery or worse yet, unemployed...stay in school...)

38. jmarce

jmarce Savant (320) Connecticut May 15, 2011

they're odd but I really like De Dolle's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd kill for a set of their posters like this:
    [​IMG]

I also really like the Goose Island's belgian style labels, simple and classy
    [​IMG]

mymasterpiece75 likes this.