1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Whiskey BA Beer Geek Rodeo

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by bradc7178, May 14, 2012.

1. bradc7178

bradc7178 Member

I visited the jesterking brewery this past Sat. (5/12) and during the tour i was standing next to a couple pallets of Whiskey Barrell Aged Beer Geek Rodeo cases all ready to be shipped out, so it should be hitting places soon! I sure hope some makes it this way to Houston!
    GregSVT likes this.
  2. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Member

I don't really see how this is possible unless they put the first batch in barrels before the batch they just put on the shelves.
  3. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

4. omnigrits

omnigrits Member

I just bumped into Josh from the brewery and asked him about the barrel aged. He said it's conditioning and won't be on the shelves for a month or two.
  5. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

Label for the BA BGR doesn't show approval only the nonBA BGR.
  6. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

The TABC site is usually a week behind or more anyways. I know some beers that have popped up a week later on their site after being for sale here.
  7. lefty12

lefty12 Member

Looks like the Weasel Rodeo will be hitting the market soon.

[​IMG]
    IpeeA, Grendle, acurtis and 2 others like this.
  8. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

lol nice label.
  9. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

ditto
  10. bradc7178

bradc7178 Member

Unless you were there this past Sat. then STFU with your comments. I should have taken a picture and posted it but i didnt so i guess youll just have to take my word for it.
  11. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Member

It wasn't a personal attack dude. Calm down
  12. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

Or drink a beer.
  13. r0nburgundy69

r0nburgundy69 Member

don't see anything about barrel aged on the label? hmm
  14. GregSVT

GregSVT Member

What label? The one lefty posted is a completely different beer....
  15. r0nburgundy69

r0nburgundy69 Member

oh wow so we got beer geek rodeo, then weasel rodeo, then in a couple of months a barrel aged version of one or the other?
  16. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

Sounds like it and yeeeeeeehaaa!
  17. mattisloco

mattisloco Member

We'll get a barrell aged version of weasel later in the year. Supposedly it's going to be the "highest priced beer available in Tx"... Which concerns and excites me.
  18. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

I wonder if it will hit the $30/bottle mark?
  19. crusian

crusian Member

sink the bismark and tactical nuclear penguin was available here... as well as utopias. so...

unless those are being considered spirits (as they were for approval here)
  20. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

If it is anywhere near those prices....I'll have to pass.
    kmello69 likes this.
  21. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Member

DeuS is $33. If it tops that I will be selling plasma to obtain a bottle or two.

Sexy label though.
  22. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Unfortunately, I would have to agree. Hard to justify that one to the family!
  23. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

You know how many mani and pedi's that beer would cost me. I might start stashing some change now. Although it would be interesting to see how much it would trade for in 5 yrs.
  24. wsnich

wsnich Member

I'm extremely excited for this beer, though its probably going to be an absolute shit show to get a bottle.
  25. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Member

Hi folks,

The batch that we aged in whiskey barrels was the first one that we brewed with Mikkel back in November. After allowing it to mature in whiskey barrels for around 6 months, we blended it and added the coffee, which included a healthy dose of Kopi Luwak, last week, and will want to give it at least a couple of months in the bottle to mature before releasing it. My saying that it would be the most expensive beer ever sold in Texas was a bit of intentional hyperbole, but the amount that we ended up with was pretty miniscule, so we haven't quite figured out exactly how we're going to handle distribution just yet.

Meanwhile, Weasel Rodeo, which also uses genuine Kopi Luwak, but is not barrel aged, will be packaged later this week, and should be ready somewhat sooner--probably around mid-June. There's a bit more of that to go around, and pricing will be in line with Boxer's Revenge (i.e. typically $13.99-$17.99 retail).

Cheers,
    Ron Extract
    Jester King
  26. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Well thats a piece of good news, anyway!