White Birch Brewing - Elysium update

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by barleywinebrewer, Nov 1, 2012.

1. After pouring this at some fun fests and evaluating it over the past two years we've decided to release barrels 1, 2, 3 and a little more of barrel 5 that we found today. It's a fun look at how the barrel impacts the same beer and how this beer has aged over the past two years. We'll be pouring samples Friday and Saturday. If you're in the area stop on by and check it out. cheers, Bill

2. Barrel 5 is sold out, barrel 3 is getting close. thanks to everyone for the interest so far. cheers

3. In honor of our first snowstorm, the last keg of Elysium is now on tap for growlers. Hope you enjoy. Cheers

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  4. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Gonna bump this. I grabbed barrels 1-3 today. I see the tasting notes on your sight, but any hints as to what the actual barrels were? One was a Utopias? Thanks!

5. All of the batches were 2007 utopias barrels.

6. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (360) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

Don't know anything about these beers but found these comments very confusing....

7. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Also confused. Was Brett added to every barrel? You only mention it by name in the notes for barrel one. Three and five have notes of raspberries and barrel two sounds like a straight forward bourbon barrel aged stout. Is it just five of the same barrel that turned out slightly different in the end?

8. One batch of beer was aged in 5 barrels for about 9 months and then bottled. a few festivals got some, barrel 5 was released and now we've had the rest out. The brett and lacto was straight from the barrel as we got them. Sorry my posts were confusing.