1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

White Birch Questions

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by davey101, Aug 12, 2012.

1. davey101

davey101 Member

Planning on stopping in at the brewery on Thursday as I'll be in Manchester. Does any know if they will fill outside growlers? The beer list on their site is two months old, anyone know whats currently for sale? Is it cash only or do they take card? Thanks!
  2. Patrick

Patrick Member

You should bm barleywinebrewer as he is the guy behind the brew.
  3. FrankLloydMike

FrankLloydMike Member

They're currently experiencing a "draught drought" due to some renovations and switching over to new equipment in the brewery. I think they're still a couple weeks out before they can do growler fills again, but you might want to BM or contact them to be sure. The details are at the link, but they're running some deals on their flagship beers in the meantime. I'm not sure if you've visited before, but the brewery is definitely worth a visit even without the growlers--the guys there are super friendly, and they'll offer an extensive tasting (and tour depending on what's going on) at the brewery. As far as I know, NH law only allows breweries to fill their own growlers.

Not sure where (if anywhere) else you're thinking of going while in Manchester, but the new British Beer Company had White Birch's Crown of Gold rye pale ale on cask as of Monday, and it was very tasty. It's out by the mall, though, so not the most interesting area, but one of the few places around that still has WB kegs. You could also check out Nepenthe Ales, a new brewery out on Candia Road on the eastern edge of Manchester. I especially like their stout. Not sure if they do samples, but they gave me a quick tour when I went to buy a bottle Friday night.

Enjoy the Queen City!
  4. davey101

davey101 Member

Never visited the brewery, just been in the area a few times now and tried a few of there beers while living in MA. Guess I'll just load up on a few bottles while popping in Thursday morning. I'll shoot out a BM just in case though. Thanks guys!
  5. DrinkPaddles

DrinkPaddles Member

I just had their Hop Session Ale from Nov, 2011 - Great.
  6. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Member

Doesn't seem like a particular beer I would drink 9 months old.
    andrewinski1 likes this.
  7. DrinkPaddles

DrinkPaddles Member

It was a present - I don't know if I would cellar it but it tasted great!