1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

White Oak Jai Alai sightings

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by codysjb, Dec 31, 2012.

1. codysjb

codysjb Savant (390) Florida Jun 16, 2010

I know this came out recently, has anyone seen it in the north FL area? Cheers
  2. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (290) Florida May 16, 2011

local store where i am at has cases of it. if you cant find it and want some, just shoot me a BM and we can figure something out.
  3. my fridge:) oh wait, im in NC!
    CWinchell and RyanSchwam like this.
  4. kempshark

kempshark Aficionado (140) Florida Jul 22, 2009

I am near the Clearwater Total Wine, and they were down to just under two cases of it today......that is from about 8 cases of it a few days ago!!
  5. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (260) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

I was there two days ago and grabbed two 4 packs. Everywhere that I've been has been sold out, and I was disappointed because I thought total wine was too. When I was leaving I glanced in the wine section and they had two cases sitting out. Bottled on Dec 14th. Really incredible beer.
  6. macster

macster Savant (310) Florida Dec 16, 2003

Saw a FB post from JaxBrewBitch that Grassroots Market in the Riverside area of Jax received some.
  7. obi1

obi1 Disciple (50) Florida Dec 15, 2009

Market square has some in tally the one on the north side of town.
  8. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

I just called and they're sold out. :(

I hope I can find some of it tomorrow.
  9. bdz

bdz Disciple (50) Florida Mar 29, 2012

Got the last 2 4 packs from CCB's tasting room :D
    kpanter likes this.
  10. GameFreac

There's at least 2-3 4 packs at Leukens in Dunedin. No date though. Hope they're fresh.
  11. ABC carrolwood
  12. Saw some at Beer:30 yesterday here in Jax.
  13. They are almost gone (10 cases) at Total Wine in Sarasota, Florida. Maybe one case left...
  14. kempshark

kempshark Aficionado (140) Florida Jul 22, 2009

The Total Wine in St Pete only had two four packs left on Thursday......am sure they're long gone.
  15. SDean82

SDean82 Aficionado (160) Florida Nov 5, 2012

Not sure how north you are but the Green Room in Jax Beach has it on tap. Not sure where any bottles are though. Happy hunting.
  16. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (260) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

I brought 6 bottles back to Pittsburgh. It feels good having some Cigar City up here.
  17. Does anyone know if the recent batch had dates on the bottles?
  18. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (290) Florida May 16, 2011

my store still has a decent amoutna nd it doesnt fly off the shelfs so if anyone wants any BM mea nd we can work something out.
  19. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (325) Florida Jan 26, 2012

i know cases were dated
  20. woodsyy

woodsyy Aficionado (125) Georgia Feb 11, 2012

Letspour still has some in inventory it looks like, if anyone is looking to try some that isn't part of CCB distro. It's a great beer if you haven't tried it. A little pricey ($6) but if you've never bought with them before I think your first purchase is $10 off.
  21. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Would anybody like to save a few for me for an IP trade at Huna's Day? Or is it likely it will be available at the brewery that week?
  22. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (280) Florida Feb 18, 2011

There's an excellent chance they'll have it on tap that day, or will be going beyond and doing a flavored treatment of WOJA.
    luwak likes this.
  23. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Well that's good to know for sure!
    Who knows what i'll be able to get to actually drinking with the choices....
    But I'm bringing lots of beer which i intend to leave in Florida and i want to refill those boxes with CCB beers for my trip back lol.
  24. GameFreac

Nope I looked everywhere but it tasted super fresh and was delicious.
  25. shand

shand Advocate (625) Florida Jul 13, 2010

Cases were dated (IIRC somewhere around 15 Jan), bottles weren't. There was still a case plus a few in the cooler at Winthrop Liquors in Riverview as of last Thursday, there's probably still some hanging around there as I've found White Oak doesn't fly off the shelf there.