1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Who Green lighted the cover photo for this month's BA mag?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate magazine' started by broodog, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revenant

Revenant Savant (350) Minnesota Aug 8, 2012

I think it's time to do away with the beards now. A little long in the tooth, IMHO. Ever since I shaved mine off I practically get laughed out of the store when I ask where the Couvee Des Jacobins Rouge is at.

2. mellowmark

mellowmark Savant (465) Minnesota Mar 31, 2010

You should make the next cover of hop pellets resting on his hairy ass-cheek if that's the case. I'm sure that would be talked about plenty.

3. The beard hairs are part of the recipe, it's obvious (insert Rogue joke here).

jasonmason likes this.
  4. Yessir! People turned off by this cover photo have obviously never held hops in their hands and taken a big satisfying sniff!

kirbmeist likes this.
  5. Sneers

Sneers Savant (385) Pennsylvania Dec 27, 2009

I'll bite. I don't have any particularly strong opinions on photography, but I'd say I agree with the OP.

6. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (385) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

Looks like this month's cover will be more appealing to the BA masses.

Heidelberg7, chase2634 and RWNay like this.
  7. czfreeman

czfreeman Savant (455) California May 22, 2007

..I doubt it..That was Dave Mclean from Magnolia Brewery in SF..hung out with him several times and would recognize him anywhere.
    Besides his current brewery expanding and growing, he's getting ready to open a new location and restaurant...so I don't think he's too concerned if you think his nose is too big or not

kscaldef likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.