1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Who wants growlers from Duluth?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Ol_Johnny_Skippelwicky, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Business has whisked me away to the quaint harbor town of Superior, WI for tonight and tomorrow. I'm planning on going to Fitgers for own beer provisions and I'm curious if anyone else would like a growler while I'm there.

So I'm thinking I can buy a smattering of growlers to bring home for an IP trade in Minneapolis. If there are any requests, please let me know. Here's what they have in stock:

Apricot Wheat
    Big Boat Oatmeal Stout
    Brewhouse Bock
    El Nino IPA
    Jodocus Weizenbock (may not be many left)
    Lighthouse Golden
    Saison Des Voyageurs (may also be running low)
    Starfire Pale Ale
    XXX English Ale

I will also be near Canal Park Brewing so if there's anything you want there I would consider it. I don't have a car while I'm there so I will not be trekking anywhere else.

I'm willing to buy up to 5 growlers total not including mine. I have to be able to carry them home as well as bear the judgement of my coworkers for my supposable alcoholism. If you want to trade let me know what you're offering ($4$ is fine).

First come first served! Thanks, y'all.

(if this thread would be better served in the trading forum, my apologies. I just figured since it was so open-ended it might do well here)
    yamar68 likes this.
  2. Well it's a good thing no one is interested because it doesn't seem I'll be getting to Fitgers at all (not even for my own growler :( ). Nevermind!!
  3. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (425) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

I think this sounded very tempting...to a point. In my opinion, the stumbling block was the vagueness of what you wanted, that is a deal breaker. If you wanted to get some bites (and make some BA friends) rather than asking folks to figure out something to trade that you may or may not be interested in (which frankly is time consuming and can be a hassle), if you'd simply said you'd be willing to pick some stuff up and have people reimburse you for them, THAT would have been quick, simple, and straightforward. People would have been grateful to you, and as I said, you'd have made some quick BA buds.

Just my 2 cents.
  4. Which I would be more than happy to do, but I thought that it would be misconstrued as selling beer which is a big time no-no. I was fully expecting that if I offered that I would get yelled at. I would be very happy to help out and meet fellow BAs, and I thought going this route was a nicer middle ground, but maybe not.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I guess I'll figure it out one of these days.
  5. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (425) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

True 'nuff. You're right, I forgot about that. The whole "You can't sell beer on here!" thing becomes a pain when it's something like this, when all you're trying to do is help a brother out. I understand why those rules are in place, but there should be exemptions for situations like this - though I'm sure there are those who would exploit that.
  6. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

I heard Warehouse Liquor still has Darkness.
  7. Xtent

Xtent Savant (260) California Jan 16, 2013

Can someone confirm this?
    Have yet to try any and would like to set up a trade if possible.
  8. that is why you use the term "mule" instead of "sell"
  9. Ah ha! It's always in the semantics...