Who's brewing this weekend? 4/20/13

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Naugled, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjyost

kjyost Initiate (0) May 4, 2008 Canada (MB)

Contempating...

Not too sure though as I have 3 beers in primary that I need to rack after a month. Forgot they were still in primary and thought they were now in secondary! Oops!

2. dav2080

dav2080 Zealot (610) Mar 11, 2012 Wisconsin

Wife and I are going to the MPLS Northern Brewer class this Sunday. Plan on buying the gallon size brew kit to start with. Start with baby steps and see where this leads.

mpyoung215 and hara94 like this.
  3. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 California
    Deactivated

How has yours turned out? For the life of me, I can't get this style to turn out right. I've brewed it four times (most recent attempt w/ 30% rye), with completely different grain bills, and its never malty enough (too dry) and too bitter.

4. GreenKrusty101

GreenKrusty101 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2008 Nevada

Just put 2 fermenters to bed...2 Gumballheadesque wheats, 1 with Kolsch yeast and the other with US-05

5. ventura78

ventura78 Pundit (960) Nov 22, 2003 Massachusetts

If everything works out I'm going to bottle an IPA on monday.

6. GeckoPunk

GeckoPunk Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2012 Connecticut

Damn, I really need to get away from work... When you said MPLS, all I could think of was Multiprotocol Label Switching.
    Cisco and beer have stolen my brain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Centennial likes this.
  7. Tebuken

Tebuken Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2009 Argentina

My first Saison, gonna use Belle Saison dry yeast

8. MrOH

MrOH Grand Pooh-Bah (3,331) Jul 5, 2010 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society

Going to do the APA IPA... MY WAY!! Didn't want to buy stuff that I don't have on hand, so using the stuff I keep around instead. Just switching out the 2row for Golden Promise, the carapils for wheat malt, and the Cascade for Amarillo.

So, a completely different IPA inspired by the APA IPA would be the best way to put it.

NiceFly likes this.
  9. HerbMeowing

HerbMeowing Maven (1,271) Nov 10, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

Herb's 'Early Tap' Rural Wheat 2013.2
    ---
    White wheat
    2-row
    Caraamber
    C60
    C75
    Hallertau (BF)
    WLP320
    Walmarti Peruvian red raspberries

10. inchrisin

inchrisin Pooh-Bah (2,013) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

11. inchrisin

inchrisin Pooh-Bah (2,013) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

I keep going back and forth if I want to brew this weekend. All I have for yeast is Kolsch and Scottish. They both need a fridge for regulation and I'm finishing up a lager. I'm also kind of over brewing Kolsch after Kolsch.

12. messyhair42

messyhair42 Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2010 Colorado

My last brew of the spring is a British Bitter, something nice and light. Many more of my brews are reaching maturity so I can start digging in to about five other batches real soon.

Centennial likes this.
  13. CBOLAND17

CBOLAND17 Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Pennsylvania

Imperial Pilsner and Hefeweizen last weekend, Roasted Brown Ale this weekend, in addition to botteling the Hefe...Might drink a few beers too :rolling_eyes:

Naugled likes this.
  14. CBOLAND17

CBOLAND17 Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Pennsylvania

sounds awesome

15. barfdiggs

barfdiggs Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 California
    Deactivated

I did one of those for Christmas presents this year.

ipas-for-life likes this.
  16. homebrew311

homebrew311 Pooh-Bah (2,070) May 19, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I'm gonna brew a pale with Munich malt and a hop burst schedule consisting of citra, Amarillo, and simcoe. Anyone do this combination before? I plan on doing equal parts of each hop for my additions...if anyone has insights about this combo, let me know.

17. Spaceloaf

Spaceloaf Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2008 Oregon

I'm racking my first sour to secondary, so I'm brewing another one so I can pitch on the yeast cake (gotta get my money's worth out of that Roeselare).

It will be a Flanders Red which will later get racked over cherries. It's inspired by Double Mountain's Devil's Kriek.

18. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Grand Pooh-Bah (3,274) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

You're gonna want to brew something with oatmeal so you have some fat in your beer to extract the thc by dryhemping it.

19. premierpro

premierpro Savant (1,060) Mar 21, 2009 Michigan

Saturday I am brewing 10 gallons California Common with Hallertau hops. I am going to pitch 5 gallons with WLP810 and 5 gallons with WLP830. Both fermented at 66 degrees. We will see how much ester flavor this temp puts out with the WLP830.

20. udubdawg

udubdawg Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2006 Kansas

need to bottle a bunch when I get home on Sunday, but busy judging until then. happily surprised to see the little guys (60/-, Ordinary Bitter) do really well in NHC Tulsa judging last night. Got a bunch of yeast ready before I left in case I need to rebrew something of my own on Monday...

cheers--
    --Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.