1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Who's getting their KBS today?!?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by hallandoates, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Founders themselves have little to no say in which stores will get their beer in the current 3-tier distribution system in America.

Having said that, I wish they did.

zach60614 likes this.
  2. ColdOne

ColdOne Savant (440) New York Jan 19, 2013

Wonderful dude at Finger Lakes Beverage (Ithaca, NY) took my number yesterday and called me this morning, just as I was on the road toward the grocery store.

"Hey kid," I said to my wonderful daughter in the back seat. "We've got a little detour... hope that's okay."

"Is it beer, Dad?"

"Yes, it's beer, honey."

Very happy with the one four-pack they allotted. Can't wait to share it this weekend.

3. Four four packs, two different stores.

A beer karma question: I bought three four packs from The Store in Mount Pleasant, MI of their three case allotment. There was no stated limit, other than the verbal one given to me by the owner ("I'd prefer if you didn't buy it all"). Was three too much? Bear in mind that one four pack is for consumption, another one is for aging, and the third is for trades/extras.

4. Do you know how much they got total?

5. I believe it is the fault of the distributor. They will give the most to their biggest accounts. Your shop may be great, but may not push enough volume to get more than 3 4-packs.

6. Where in CT are you? I am in the New Haven area. All the places I called are only getting a case and have limited it to one bottle per person. I have three bottles reserved at three different places that I will be getting tomorrow. Cant wait to crack them open.

7. [​IMG]
    Plus, my go to bar has it on tap as of today! Will be going there tonight after work.

8. lic217

lic217 Savant (435) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

I am in Plainville (right next to New Britain).

9. Got 2 bottles in Raleigh, from a store that only got a case. Hoping to get two more bottles from Peabody's in Boone (they rock, if you didn't know already).

KhakCane likes this.
  10. Benish

Benish Savant (490) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2013

Got 6 bottles today. I will give one to my brother-in-law. Important to share with those who did not get it.

11. Stopped buying this beer in bottles a couple of years ago. Tired of standing on my head to get a beer.

dbol likes this.
  12. Anyone in the Grand Rapids area know where to get some today? I know Fulton Liquor Store got a very limited quantity but they are charging the outrageous price of 9 bucks a bottle and limited to 1 bottle per customer. I was able to get 4 from Sicilianos yesterday before they sold out

13. lic217

lic217 Savant (435) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

The place i got the case from never even heard of the beer. when they heard it was $18 a 4 pack they went crazy. They were afraid to order it if I wouldn't buy all of it. They had almost no selection at all. The other place I got it from only got 1 case and it was half gone by the time I left the store (I am assuming they are out).

The only other place that I go to all the time got 2 cases and has the 2 bottle limit (I didnt get any figuirng I had gotten enough). It is harvest in west hartford. i would call to see if they still have some. Good luck to you.

spookyspeeg likes this.
  14. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

I don't know, but if I even had access to 4-packs, I'd probably just buy one, MAYBE two at the most (I don't trade so yeah).

15. Mattco

Mattco Savant (250) Illinois Jun 5, 2011

Local shop just called, just off the truck with a 1 bottle limit. :D

16. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

I was in Georgia yesterday and wanted to buy some but I'm in Tennessee today. The day they start selling it...

17. Here in D.C. there was luckily a store in my neighborhood with a routinely solid rare-beer selection that got some KBS in this morning-- I showed up a couple hours after the announcement had been posted that it was in (around noon, the posting had gone up at 10:00 a.m. ish). By the time I got there, they were down to three singles and one four-pack, doing 2 bottles max per customer. I'm a huge fan of stouts and I've never tried KBS before, but I only got one bottle since I figured others would want to have some as well.

Being a good samaritan has never stung quite so much.

18. Hobby

Hobby Aficionado (195) Michigan May 26, 2012

Ended up picking up 2 bottles today, $8 a piece, and I live in Michigan......

19. going to get mine now. 1 bottle limit. never had before. I wish i had the patience and willpower to hold on to it for a special occasion but knowing me, i'll prob just drink it tonight while i watch the Justified finale!

20. mahak213

mahak213 Savant (325) New York Mar 5, 2012

One case, but they were expecting two. They're hoping to find what happened to the other later this week, I'd call and get on their list for it.

21. stayclean

Being able to get some should be a good enough of a special occasion. ;)

22. mental1

mental1 Aficionado (165) Virginia Jan 31, 2013

Probably still some. Had a case 2 per person limit.

23. [​IMG][​IMG]Love KBS season, work my butt off all year selling Founder's to earn it! All be it only one case this year.

24. bahnfire

bahnfire Savant (465) Vermont Jan 17, 2011

I got on the list at my local bottle shop yesterday, 2 bottle limit. Don't know the price yet but will find out when I go to pick up later today. Figured it would be my only shot to get some. Then at lunch today I swung into a grocery store to get a sandwich and what do I see but 4 cases of KBS staring me in the face, so I had to buy a couple 4 packs. On top of that they also got a delivery of Heady today too. Lunch got expensive.

25. Sheep seems like a strong word. Couldn't I call you a sheep for loving hops. Aren't you just following the craft trend? Of course, I wouldn't do that, because it's nonsense. You probably love hops because they taste good to you, just as folks here love KBS because it tastes good to them.

26. BJRHOMEBREW

BJRHOMEBREW Aficionado (235) Ohio Dec 18, 2008

I think KBS is better fresh. I've had a few bottles of various age but fresh seems the best to me.

elgiacomo likes this.
  27. Got my 4 pack yesterday. Enjoying one now. DELICIOUS!

28. getting 2 bottles at $5.99 a piece after class today. can't waaaaaiit!

29. where was this?

30. Live in Texas but had my mom pick me up 2 bottles in virginia. 1 bottle limit at each store. Can always count on mom's to go hunting for me. Thanks Mom!

Fluteswell and MortalKombat14 like this.
  31. bahnfire

bahnfire Savant (465) Vermont Jan 17, 2011

City Market

32. Is not gonna be here until Friday... That's what you get for living in a medium sized town. With that said the good thing is I have already secured a 4 pack and the was allowed to reserve more but I prefer CW PM and that is half the price and still around.

33. I scored a 4 pack in Maine and a single bottle in MA today on my travels...

34. Also I heard it's hitting the streets in NH the end of the week of 4/22!

35. oh right, i read 'grocery store' and thought everything but them.

36. Which store?

37. stayclean

Is Peruvian Morning still $10 there or something??

38. I got my one bottle allocation... starting to agree with the others that it's not worth all the running around.

I think I'll pull a couple Big Bad Baptists from the cellar and anxiously await my various BBA Eclipse's that are coming in the mail from California via trade this week.

39. RelentlessLefty

RelentlessLefty Savant (275) Iowa Nov 1, 2012

I picked up 3 4-packs today. Could have bought more. Had it for the first time this afternoon, delish!

40. Roudy1

Roudy1 Savant (270) Iowa Sep 29, 2012

Got mine yetserday. First year that it was released in Iowa. Am I going to get lynched if I say it was disappointing?

RelentlessLefty likes this.