Who's getting their KBS today?!?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by hallandoates, Apr 2, 2013.

1. riemster

riemster Advocate (605) Ohio Mar 17, 2011

If any one lives near Northwest OH or very South MI I can help you obtain one 4 pack on Thursday depending on how my week goes. You can private message me if you want. I might not pick it up because its too far and I will probably get some elsewhere.

2. scored 5 bottles today

3. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Advocate (550) Ohio May 24, 2011

Got 8 at the thursday bottle release, got to the store today for 2 and my mom got me 2 for my Easter basket...two more stores potentially getting some in the next week...if you don't get any don't get upset! Tons of great ba's will surely spread the wealth!

4. mnphish

mnphish Savant (375) Minnesota Aug 19, 2012

no longer dry :)

5. ColdOne

ColdOne Savant (445) New York Jan 19, 2013

I think Nick said 2 cases.

6. 9.69, and the KBS is going to be 19.99 so I guess it is less then half the price:)

7. KingBiscuit

KingBiscuit Savant (465) Illinois May 30, 2005

I got my one stinking bottle today. I'll add it to my Hard to Score Aged in Bourbon Barrels Stout Collection which now totals 2. One KBS and one Bell's Black Note. BCBS is no longer in this collection, still drowning in it - it was everywhere last release, I stocked up nicely.

KhakCane likes this.
  8. tweezer159

tweezer159 Savant (290) Alabama May 2, 2008

Woot! My girlfriend and I got a four pack at Piggly Wiggly Homewood (amazing beer/wine department/staff) for $18.99 + tax. We also got two bottles each (4.99 +tax a piece) at Hop City. We had the opportunity to acquire one more four pack, but decided not to since the supply was so limited. We figured that if we had six for the two of us to drink/cellar, and two to send to my trading buddy, that would be plenty. Also, our dog that was hit by a car two weeks ago felt good enough to take a walk AND a short hike. It was a pretty good day.

9. Got two today, will try for more at timed release tomorrow. Pretty excited

10. Ended up with 18 bottles, brother in Ohio got 6 pretty happy with the results, doing a comparison tasting with kbs from the last few years

11. I got one bottle yesterday ($6.29) and one today (9.99), from two different places that had 1 bottle limits. It sounds like most places in the Chicago burbs got 1 case. Going to try for another tomorrow at another shop that's slated to receive a shipment.

12. I also agree with the hype of running around for it, buy a case of breakfast stout and your drinking a beer you can easily get that is dam near as good

13. Got my 4 pack today. One word...WOW! I can see what all the hype is about. It seems to get better with every sip! Glad I was able to get my hands on this one!

ufmj and MortalKombat14 like this.
  14. Jagen

Jagen Aficionado (135) Illinois Oct 1, 2012

Went to KBS day and got my 12 pack..drank at least 7 of them on draft. Glad I now don't have to waste an entire day rushing around town and give $10 to some greedy asshole store owner to get a single bottle. Good beer, not worth all that.

15. My story--

I called a small, high end craft shop last night to see when they were getting it. "Everyone's getting it tomorrow. *click*"

Okay then... I called Whole Foods next only because I know they got a buttload of Hopslam this year and I ask to speak to whoever's in charge of stocking beer. I talk to the guy for a little bit and he's very vague about whether or not it will be in tomorrow, he sounds like he's had a lot of calls today and doesn't want to guarantee anything. Finally after talking for a bit he opens up and says the distributor usually comes between 9-11 and to drop his name if anyone is being indirect.

Being a college student, I wake up at 10:30, shower really quickly and rush to the store worried that it's already come and I wont have any luck. I get there and go to the beer section and see some other nerdy lookin' dudes scouring the wall of beer. One of them actually turns to his girlfriend and says, "Go around the corner and see if they have any! (to the high end shop I mentioned earlier)" And then soon enough all of them clear out, disappointed. I then walk over to the deli-counter and ask a girl, "Is *beer guy* working now?"

she replies, "nope he's off today, anything I can help you with?"

"Have you guys gotten in your beer shipment today?"

"Maybe... what are you looking for?"

"K - B - S" I reply, enunciating every letter clearly.

"Okay let me go check"

She comes back with a 4-pack and tells me they can only sell one bottle at a time, but that she'll give me two *wink*

Sweet

Right after I left the store I go over to the high end shop to look at some glasses and ask the guy if they've gotten in their KBS shipment. "Not yet" he says, "We might not even get it apparently." I wink at him and point to my whole foods bag, and then I turn to look at the glassware. One second later I hear, "thanks for the heads up!" and turn to see the guy running out the store down the sidewalk, leaving the whole place unoccupied by any employees.

And now I sit here finishing my first bottle. What a damn treat. What a fantastic beer.

Deltoro, TychoNDC, elgiacomo and 7 others like this.
  16. Not going to bother unless the opportunity falls in my lap. There are plenty of other barrel aged stouts out there that are just as good and you don't need to go through a bunch of hassle for.... Plus I just spent enough money on my allocation of Chocolate Rain.

17. My store is getting it in tomorrow. Called today and they reserved some for me, but didn't know yet how many the limit will be.

18. What I don't get is why is there a limit in these grocery stores? Shouldn't they just be concerned about the max profit? Not saying they should let everyone buy as much as they want because the more people that can try this amazing beer the better. However, it would make sense liquor and beer stores would have limits because they know their customers.

19. nineball

nineball Aficionado (130) New York Mar 19, 2013

got my two today - $5.49 a bottle. might try sending the wife tomorrow. 2 more? mabe? possibly? bueller?
    doubt there will be any more left though

20. Tyler's Bottle Shop. They tend to be a bit more expensive than Tasty and Bottle Rev, but they have a decent selection and usually don't get hit as quick as the other shops.

21. DanE

DanE Savant (420) Connecticut Feb 24, 2012

Hartford, CT stores get it in tomorrow I was told. One 4-pack is all I need. Equal opportunity I say.

22. dar482

dar482 Advocate (700) New York Mar 9, 2007

NYC, got two for $9.99 each. Thought I could wait and hunt, but for a few bucks more per bottle, I don't need to waste my time.

23. Whole foods near me had a 3 bottle limit. My wife and I got 6.

24. Just picked up a few singles. It's crazy, but heard it's worth it. Has anyone tried the 2013?

25. lic217

lic217 Savant (470) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

Most had it yesterday. some not until today. i have not herd of any not getting it until tomorrow. Good luck.

26. Drove an hour and forty five minutes only to come up empty handed. I took a chance and it didn't work out, oh well. I think I will stick to drinking locals and stuff that is easily accessible.

27. Jacurdy60

Jacurdy60 Savant (355) Alabama Jan 23, 2013

The guy I buy from said it's coming in Thursday. The store opens at 8 am. I will be there at 7:59 am.

28. DanE

DanE Savant (420) Connecticut Feb 24, 2012

The place here in Glastonbury seems to get things late. It happened with Sucks, Enjoy By, Lunch, 3 Beans, Gandhi, etc... I will think positive. Thanks for the heads up!

29. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Advocate (550) Ohio May 24, 2011

Things are changing in the grocery stores. The beer guys know their stuff and these guys are nice and seem excited to give customers the chances to try things like KBS! They also aren't directly effected by he profit like the small shop owner so no mark up and no shop owner being a dick about the beer he got. Grocery store beer guy saw me coming today and approached ME with two KBS bottles so happy to provide me the opportunity.

JohnnyMc and MortalKombat14 like this.
  30. griffeyb

griffeyb Savant (360) Pennsylvania Oct 15, 2010

Wow do I miss those days...

basics likes this.
  31. Local store did online reservations that sold out in less than 1 minute, but tweeted an hour or so later that they had a few bottles left at their location closest to my work. Took an early lunch and grabbed my 2 bottle allocation at $4.99 each.

32. I have a 4-pack waiting for me.

33. 2 4-packs and 2 singles. The only problem is I have 4 from last year I didnt drink.

34. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Well, drink them. :mad:

ufmj likes this.
  35. Hahahahaha. Ha.

My gf went to two beer stores tonight (just looking for random shit), and passed up KBS at both places. She had NO IDEA it was such a sought after/ "world class"/ creating-a-frenzy-on-BA beer, and paid it no attention whatsoever.

Oh, the irony.

I wish I could go cry in my KBS, but I don't have any.

loafinaround likes this.
  36. MrBluto

MrBluto Zealot (90) Michigan Aug 7, 2012

Being a newbie to KBS (though a fan of Founders' brews and aware of the hype around it), I was ignorant of the depth to which one must go to get this heralded beer. But, the beer gods must've been shining on me today. As a last minute thought, I stopped in at one my favorite beer stops on the way home work to see if they had any...everything they had was reserved. I left in disappointment but then after dinner went to another place. I asked if they had any, and the guy asked if I had any reserved. I said no, and the guy looked at me as if was I supposed say a secret password or even hand over 50 smackers. Then he said, "I have a few extras, and I can let you have a 4-pack." (Cue the singing angels). I thought about it for a second (not), and said I'll take it! Guy said people started calling 2 months ago!! I sure got lucky!

37. Well, it literally just fell in my lap while getting dinner at The Pit in Raleigh, NC. Anyone looking for it in Raleigh NC, can find it there for $9 a bottle.

38. Bottles hit the shelves in Atlanta today @ 4 pm. Everyone was sold out by 4:02. I got to the store at 3:30 and got the second to last ticket to buy a 4 pack.

39. I'm drinking my first ever now. Oh so delicious

40. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (655) Florida Apr 13, 2011

+1 Yeah, you and I will be lucky to score 1 damn bottle each!

Hanzo likes this.