1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Who's getting their KBS today?!?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by hallandoates, Apr 2, 2013.

1. kylelenk

kylelenk Savant (385) Michigan Apr 17, 2012

[​IMG]

Heavy afternoon......

2. i disagree. and will continue to purchase and enjoy the best. im not mad at anything, you can bet one thing the owners of GI who "sold out" did so for the money. and as a consumer, i will continue to demand the best beer for the money. i also want the best food, entertainment, company, etc. i want the best of everything, why shouldnt i?
    i am not a beer snob, geek, or whatever you may consider yourself. i am a beer drinker who drinks craft beer for no other reason than because it tastes good and because i want to. i hate budweiser and always have, because i dont like the taste. not because some huge corporation makes it. i just located my one kbs, ill go after work and waste my 10 bucks. because i am a CONSUMER, not a critic.

RWNay and dar482 like this.
  3. why does someone have to be considered "angry" when they have a dissenting opinion than yours? why dont you stick to your own comments and stop worrying about what others say?

4. BourbonDork

BourbonDork Savant (300) Virginia Sep 15, 2010

Local Total Wine was dishing KBS out in singles so I stopped by the last two days and got my two bottles. Too much effort to chase this stuff down. I'm done and fine with two.

5. I just picked up the last 12 they had at my local beverage warehouse. Also was able a get a log of it to put on at my bar. Pretty Excited!

6. Picked up a 4 pack this morning for $20

7. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

How much did they get for it to last two days??

I am one bottle away from completing my elusive four pack....just a little more work.

8. It was this line: "I'm sick and tired of this limited production and distribution bullshit." I guess my interpretation of what constitutes anger is different than yours.

Additionally, to your post above. That's cool with me. Buy what you want to buy and do it for whatever reasons you see fit. I take no issue with that nor do I expect anyone to take issue with my purchasing decisions. I was merely offering a little information that I thought might put a new perspective on the matter for you. If you call that being a critic, so be it. I think it is more about being an educated consumer than anything else. Different strokes for different folks.

9. Anyone know if this has hit anywhere in central/north Jersey yet? I am on 2 lists, but one said it will likely be a 1-2 bottle limit, and the other one said likely a 1 bottle limit and I might not even be early enough on the list to get any... I've called/visited a few other places that said they won't have lists and it will be first come first served, but those places are 30+min drives in opposite directions, so I'm trying to get an idea as to who might have gotten it so far or might be getting it soon (today or tomorrow)...

10. Was able to get 5 bottles - which I feel pretty good about since apparently only 50 cases made it to NC. They're in the fridge now, waiting for me at home. I might hold onto one for a little while - I drank my last 2012 this past Friday and while there was some fading, it was still damn tasty. I like the idea of saving one bottle to enjoy just before the next comes out.

11. Sourkehd

Sourkehd Zealot (90) Massachusetts Dec 10, 2012

12. Hefewiseman

Hefewiseman Savant (355) Florida Sep 6, 2011

This makes me sad... Founders doesn't start distro to FL till next month :( Why Founders, WHY??

13. Hanzo

That's a good question, why expand your distribution when people are fighting over your beers in markets you already are in. :p

14. Dirtinabottle

Dirtinabottle Savant (395) New York Aug 21, 2012

Strike 3. I will enjoy the rarity when I somehow land one mid-summer or late fall. For now, I will enjoy the fact that I live close to Vermont.

15. BourbonDork

BourbonDork Savant (300) Virginia Sep 15, 2010

That I don't know. The manager last night did say they will probably sell out that night or today sometime. I still have some from last year so I'm good. Too much beer anyway.

16. Hanzo

Welp....no four pack for me. Managed three bottles across multiple stores. I guess I can take solace in the fact I only managed two bottles last year.

What part of VA?

17. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Man, gotta admit, real jealous of seeing people from CONNECTICUT landing cases. I just wanted to drink a bottle over my spring break. :mad:

willbm3 likes this.
  18. You live close to VT, therefore you can get anything you want! lol! All you need to do is bring back 1 big haul from VT and you can trade for ANYTHING! KBS should be ezpz to acquire for you!

19. STILL LOOKING FOR KBS! I don't have that much! need more!

what? My avatar? don't mind that.:cool:

JohnnyMc, Curt1 and MortalKombat14 like this.
  20. Dirtinabottle

Dirtinabottle Savant (395) New York Aug 21, 2012

Working on that right now right now...got snowed out the last time.

21. lic217

lic217 Savant (460) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

I think I am the only one from ct on this topic that landed a case and it was a very weird/lucky circumstance. I hope you get one. Most stores here got one or two cases max.

22. DOTU

DOTU Savant (345) California Feb 11, 2011

I just emailed my in-laws in Michigan to see if they could find me some KBS or Doom. Oh well, if they score some then I will have to trade/beg less elsewhere. :D

23. Nope.. could have gotten on a list for a 4-pack but no price was given and I don't play that game.

24. BitterTetley

BitterTetley Aspirant (45) Iowa Apr 3, 2013

We got our KBS here in Des Moines today. Stop by Wine & Spirits Gallery to get yours.

25. We hates them precioussssss!!! :p

CMUbrew and Jonnyhiggs like this.
  26. You'll probably be able to easily snag a few bottles of Doom. Hype and Acclaim do a crazy thing to beer sales like KBS. I heard you could walk into Founders 5 years ago and buy as much as you wanted from their fridge. I wouldn't be surprised if Backwoods Bastard goes the route of KBS in a few years with the barrel aging rarity.

27. Jake1605

Jake1605 Initiate (0) Missouri Nov 24, 2009

This year was a hastle, past 6 years I was able to get a few cases. An older lady was working the counter at hy-vee, and looked fed up about the KBS requests. As she handed me my 4 pack I told her that she was doing God's work just to lighten the mood. The gave me the reaction I was looking for. As I left I should have said something like "thanks lover"!

1up and beerindaglass like this.
  28. baconman91

baconman91 Savant (495) Ohio Dec 13, 2009

-- on hold yest. for me..got it 2day.

29. now there's a response i like. yes that particular quote, well, everyone who knows me would know thats not me being angry, not by a long shot. hehe. gotta rock, me and the shooting star # 9 car are off; driving 60 miles to chase down our 1 kbs. (its 50 miles home anyways, i would NOT drive 60 miles for a kbs, its not bourbon county).
    have a wonderful evening, my evening is bcbcs (cant wait). when i drink my kbs tomorrow im sure ill complain about it all day. lol.

30. Mojo

Mojo Savant (385) Alabama Jul 21, 2012

Got my one bottle today. My bottle shop announced on Facebook they had received two cases and it was one bottle per customer, first come, first served. I told my boss I had to go; the KBS was here. He was like you don't mean to tell me you are leaving to buy beer are you? Well I could wait until after work and then it would be gone I told him. The girl that sold it to me, said I choose wisely; it would all be gone before 5:00.

31. AgentZero

AgentZero Advocate (565) Illinois Jul 19, 2009

I got 8 bottles running around to a couple of stores. Looking forward to drinking them.

BlastBeats likes this.
  32. Boris9p

Boris9p Aspirant (45) Indiana Mar 5, 2013

I picked mine up yesterday. Got 3 4packs plus a bottle. Just tried it for the first a couple weeks ago n '11 so I'm pretty excited to try a fresh one!

33. Bizoneill

Bizoneill Savant (290) Connecticut Apr 19, 2012

A CASE! No limit by you I guess...?

34. lic217

lic217 Savant (460) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

Obviously you did not read my original post. The store I went to had none but would order some. They said they could only get a case and they were scared to buy it unless I agreed to purchase all of it. I will be sharing with relatives and friends.

Crookdrain likes this.
  35. CMUbrew

CMUbrew Savant (425) Michigan Jan 27, 2012

You're going to have to wait until the actual release date on that Doom boyos. All the bottles you see in the haul pics are the result of early release by non-compliant distributors. I don't think you'll see much of that here in Michigan.

36. Picked up my two this afternoon in CT. Paid 4.75 each, can't wait to try it.

37. riemster

riemster Advocate (595) Ohio Mar 17, 2011

While I understand the need to limit customers to 1 or 2 bottles, I am upset with a local grocery store. They promised me however much I wanted, so I planned on getting a case out of their 2 cases. I felt weird asking for that much, but they didn't seem to care. So, I called back today making sure everything is good and they told me they are now limiting to 2 bottles per customer. Like I said, I am all for sharing the wealth and planned on trading at least a few bottles anyways, but stores shouldn't make false promises. I let go of 2 reservations of actual 4 packs, from other places because I thought I would get my case. I'm not a happy camper. Since I started calling stores awhile ago, I'll still get threeish 4 packs because I called at least 20-30 different stores in Ohio, but my driving time is heavily increased.

I guess I just need to assume what I know already instead of relying on sloppy customer service.

38. bushycook

bushycook Savant (265) Virginia Jan 31, 2011

My truck chasin' skills are on the wane, only 2 measly bottles.

39. bushycook

bushycook Savant (265) Virginia Jan 31, 2011

Yeah, employees like to tell you everything's all good, then when the distro guy gets there he tells them how they want the allocation is gonna go down. I know there will be replies that the store can do whatever it wants, nonetheless this happens all the time.

40. not cool at all, bro