Why is there such a low selection of Cigar City in GA?

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by Cloaked_Phantom, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloaked_Phantom

Cloaked_Phantom Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2013 Washington

I desperately want to try almost every beer by Cigar City but they are nowhere to be found here in GA and yet they are only one state down the road, whats going on?

2. GameFreac

GameFreac Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

They pulled out.

3. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2011 Alabama

From what I understand, they was having a.hard time keeping up with Florida distribution....so they pulled distribution from Georgia and Alabama.... Hopefully both dates will see full distribution again..

4. Lethal04

Lethal04 Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2009 Colorado

I couldn't even find a single bottle the last couple times I was in Florida. I was in the panhandle though (Pensacola).

5. goldenpeanut

goldenpeanut Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2006 Alabama

They had also pulled out of the Panhandle west of Tallahassee for awhile. However, just recently they had a "relaunch" event at HopJacks in Pensacola and I am hoping to be able to find it next time we are in Panama City.

6. Lethal04

Lethal04 Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2009 Colorado

Found some Jai Alai, Maduro Brown, and Florida Cracker today at Richey's East in Pensacola.

7. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut

Pun

8. GameFreac

GameFreac Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

As soon as I typed that, I laughed and thought about rewording it.

Kept it.

ressling and davey101 like this.
  9. elgiacomo

elgiacomo Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2007 Georgia

They didn't pull out of the state...they're still legal to sell here in Georgia, just haven't had enough product to be able to send any up this way. Maybe, hopefully, that will change in the future. Ended up being quite a tease though, getting a couple of small shipments of Jai Alai and Maduro a year or so ago and really nothing since...

10. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Zealot (645) Feb 20, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Just started getting it in the 'cola a few weeks ago. Get Jai Alai, Cracker, and the Brown in cans, and limited Tocobaga on tap with more options on the way. I'm a Jai Alai addict so I am beyond stoked!

11. JohnQVD

JohnQVD Pundit (829) Jan 23, 2011 New York

The guide at the brewery last weekend was saying they're starting to seriously ramp up production now that the new brewery is completed. But he also said that they were still having trouble keeping up with the demand in Florida. So, my takeaway is that eventually they'll expand distribution again, but I'd expect it to start slowly.

ressling likes this.
  12. JTDay

JTDay Devotee (395) Jan 28, 2013 Georgia

jai alai and maduro can be found in athens

13. Cloaked_Phantom

Cloaked_Phantom Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2013 Washington

Thanks guys. I haven't found Maduro in Athens...I'll have to check again

14. ressling

ressling Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Georgia

I was at Brick Store Pub a few weeks ago, and they had a CCB beer on draft (forget which one). When I asked the staff about CCB not distributing in GA, she said that they started back up again. Anyone hear anything similar?

15. ressling

ressling Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2011 Georgia

Gotta go to Tampa!

16. Josiah2729

Josiah2729 Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2011 Tennessee

Hopefully it will make it around the southeast! I visited recently, they have greatly expanded.

17. protton

protton Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2013 Florida

I know they've had problems keeping up with the demand. I also know that there are numerous parts of the state of Florida that they don't distribute to as well. I know someone that works there and they said they are trying to expand production so they can expand to the rest of the southeast and further north as well.

18. ajtorres311

ajtorres311 Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2013 Florida
    Deactivated

I can't find any Jai Alai anywhere and when I do it's one can at a time at Total Wine. The brew I most frequently fins is Hotter Than Helles, which I'm not too fond of...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.