1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Wichita, KS

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by HoodooOperator, Jan 14, 2013.

1. HoodooOperator

HoodooOperator Savant (275) Texas Sep 27, 2012

so i travel to Wichita monthly from Houston and am always searching for good brew places to hit up. I typically stay in Old Town and grab growlers from River City Brewery and typically always end up at the Anchor bar for thier tap selection. Looking for some other good restaraunts with a good selection or any other good local watering holes.

What are some good local brews & breweries to keep an eye out for, along with any badass seasonals to try?

Typically go bottle shopping over at Goebel's anytime im in town and take some back to Texas with me.
  2. Have you tried Wichita Brewing & Pizzeria? Southwest corner of 13th and Tyler.
    8815 W 13th St Suite 100
    Wichita, KS 67212
  3. HoodooOperator

HoodooOperator Savant (275) Texas Sep 27, 2012

No, but have heard good things....
  4. Also, the chains:
    BJ's on the east side.
    Old Chicago on east side, west side and downtown.
    Granite City on east side and west side.

And if you don't mind driving a bit, Hank is Wiser Brewery in Cheney (west of Wichita).
  5. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,040) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

The Pizzeria is well worth a visit
  6. CowsandBeer

CowsandBeer Savant (355) Kansas Sep 24, 2012

I heard Wichita is getting bottles of the BA Bigfoot but Topeka is not. Jealous...
  7. KansasBeerLover

KansasBeerLover Savant (320) Kansas Feb 16, 2009

Wichita brewing has great pizza and good, but not great, beer. I haven't been there for a few months, but they needed to put a head on their beer, meaning the aroma was lacking, but the flavor was good. They have been making different brews.

Old town's Old Chicago is the best of the 3 locations. East has the worst service and no pizza bar at lunch. And no growlers.

You've been to Anchor. Good beer, but the food sucks. River City has gone to the dogs on food, their beer is good, but not great.

And with Goebel, you have found the best beer store in the state. By all means, get some of Marshall's beer (Okla.) since it isn't available in Texas.
  8. barleyswine

barleyswine Aficionado (125) Kansas Feb 27, 2012

Kansas is getting 10 cases of BA bigfoot.