1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Will any Darkness bottles still be available by Nov 5th?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by ogrerugby, Oct 23, 2012.

1. I'm heading out to Minneapolis for business that week and wondering if there will be a shot of still finding some Darkness in stores. If someone wants to be nice and grab and extra bottle or 2, I could bring something to trade from Boston.

thanks,
    Mike

2. herman77

herman77 Advocate (525) Minnesota Jan 24, 2010

If you look hard. Probably a few at some out of the way, not heavy traffic stores. Might find some at certain MGMs or Surdyks for like $35 a bottle...

3. herman77

herman77 Advocate (525) Minnesota Jan 24, 2010

I wonder if Surdyks will get any Darkness this year? I guess it's kind of out of Surly's hands because of the three tier system?

4. KWMiles

KWMiles Initiate (0) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

Agreed that they will probably be hard to come by. What regional stuff are you bringing out? I could probably snag up an extra bottle or two.

5. deadbody

deadbody Savant (340) Minnesota May 10, 2010

If you can't find someone to trade with you LMK. Not sure I'm interested in beer stuff, but there are a couple things in the boston area that I would love to go $4$ for (my kid is a huge patriots fan)

6. You are in luck! According to the info released yesterday, Darkness hits stores on November 5th.

7. Mista

Mista Aficionado (215) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

where did you find this intel?

8. what doug said^

9. Mista

Mista Aficionado (215) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

doh....

10. No plan on what I'll bring out yet. What types of things are you looking for?
    Here is the store I usually hit (inventory section isn't always up to date).
    http://www.juliosliquors.com/beer.htm

11. KWMiles

KWMiles Initiate (0) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

Cool, I'll hit you up with a DM to work out details.