1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Will be at the Bruery...

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by phattysbox, Mar 9, 2012.

1. phattysbox

phattysbox Member

Hey all you West-coasters...

NYC BA here visiting Palm Springs for an HIV conference and have some free time after lunch today.

Planning on heading to the Bruery tasting room to sample some brews.

Any other BAs going to be there? I'm planning on getting there around 4 or so.

J
  2. NoSignsOfPain

NoSignsOfPain Member

No! Go later! I'll buy you a beer; or meet at Provisions? They're open til 12 and do full pours now.
  3. smarcoly

smarcoly Member

Sam, you can bring him to our 4:00 bottleshare! Show him how us So Cal folks swing it!
  4. NoSignsOfPain

NoSignsOfPain Member

DUDE. LET'S DO IT.
  5. Retsinis

Retsinis Member

Great, now were re-inforcing that SoCali folks really do say "dude" a lot. Dude, whatever...lol :D
    NoSignsOfPain likes this.
  6. NoSignsOfPain

NoSignsOfPain Member

I was born in raised in the Valley, so whatevs ;)
    Retsinis likes this.
  7. phattysbox

phattysbox Member

Awesome. You guys (and gals) are simply awesome. Tell me where to go and I'll be there. Wish I brought some brews (CL CdC) from the east coast!

I'll be leaving the craft beer wasteland that is Palm Springs around 1:30 pm.
    Callmecoon and NoSignsOfPain like this.
  8. FosterJM

FosterJM Member

All I have to say is you FN so cal people that get off work by like 3PM suck hard. Hence why I have never been to your super secret cloak and dagger F N tastings.

Okay I am done.
    Callmecoon and smarcoly like this.
  9. Retsinis

Retsinis Member

Dude! lol, ah that's cool. yeah me too, well born in Culver City, moved to Van Nuys, then grew up in Reseda. In Northridge now.

OP, enjoy the Bruery, I agree Provisions is a good idea, more then just Bruery beers on in there, and you will likely buy some bottles you want from the store anyway. Cheers.
  10. NoSignsOfPain

NoSignsOfPain Member

I have messaged you sir.
  11. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Member

Wow, dewd. It really is on the down lowest. Give you a Chelada for the secret handshake.
  12. smarcoly

smarcoly Member

James, you know the invite is always open to you bro! Since it's at our super awesome office, it's super easy to start early!
    Callmecoon likes this.
  13. Callmecoon

Callmecoon Member

Hey James - who says we get off work to drink beer? The super secret tastings are at work! (here). Take off a little early one Friday and join us. Give us a heads up, and we'll bring some extra good stuff in your honor.

And where's the signature "Cheers!" at the end of your post?

Cheers!
  14. FosterJM

FosterJM Member

I was mad!

Cheers!
  15. smaisch

smaisch Member

LOL I love the passive-aggressive "Cheers!"
  16. Tenchi221

Tenchi221 Member

wait.. there's people that don't crack a beer at work??
  17. TheComish

TheComish Member

Dude... we say dude all the time. Whenever I travel everyone knows where I'm from because I say dude waaaay tooo many times.
  18. phattysbox

phattysbox Member

Hey hey! Thanks to Sam and her crew for inviting me to the tasting tonight. Lots of beer karma sent to this NYC BA. Whenever you all are in NYC, give me a holler and we'll put a tasting together (CdC vertical?) so I can pay you back in full!! Awesome beers - Event Horizon and Cantillon were bangin!

J
    nocturne1, smarcoly and NoSignsOfPain like this.
  19. smarcoly

smarcoly Member

It was great to meet you Jason. We always love when a new BA drops by. You timed it well since we did happen to be breaking out some good stuff this week! Hope you had a great time at Bruery afterwards. Did you buy any bottles?
    Hopefully, one of us can work out that Southampton trade we were talking about.