1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Will Dogfish Head Festina Pêche be available in TX this year?

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by OverToad, May 31, 2012.

1. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Just bought a 4 pack at Specs ArborWalk (Austin) for $9.99. Will sample for the first time tonight.
  2. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Savant (490) Texas Jan 20, 2010

I know Gabriel's in San Marcos has it.
  3. tymcftw

tymcftw Disciple (55) Texas Apr 5, 2011

Found it @ Hall's in Colleyville
  4. kmello69

Had my first one with dinner tonight. Not as fruity as I would have liked. If I had been blindfolded, I dont know that I could have guessed "peach" as the flavor - more like "sweet fruit", but I dont know that I could have gotten more specific than that. Still a nice light summer brew, but I crave more fruit flavor in my fruity beers, and have generally been disappointed (other than by last year's batch of Shiner Ruby Redbird - this year's tastes more like ginger than grapefruit)
  5. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

I haven't had it out of a bottle yet but had it at the Draughthouse the other night and I would describe it as very "peachy". Don't know if it's a $10 4-pack for me so haven't had it out of the bottle yet...but definitely got the peach on draft
  6. kmello69

Hmm. It would be interesting to compare the 2.
  7. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

I thought that there was a nice peach character to it considering that the base beer is a berliner weisse, which tends to be fairly sour. According to DFH, the peaches are meant to offset the sourness so that the beer is neither sweet nor sour, but tart instead. Great summer brew, imo.
  8. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (485) Texas Sep 7, 2004

Agrees on the Ruby Redbird. Last years was the ginger complimented the grapefruit and this year it's vice versa.
  9. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Nabbed a 4 pack (~9)of these at Halls along with Tart Lychee. Great pairing of beers I thought. Going to do it again on the lake this weekend.

The lady mentioned seeing it on the shelves at Whole Foods Arlington as well.
  10. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Festina Peche is alll over Austin. I've seen it at Barton Springs Food Mart, South Lamar Wine & Spirits, and the Whole Foods mothership this week.
  11. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Gabriel's in San Antonio still has a lot of Festina. We also have a few cases of Burton Baton available now, and our San Marcos store should still have some as well.