1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Will TX see Avery's Uncle Jacob's Stout?

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by wagenvolks, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SirWalkAbout

SirWalkAbout Member

I'm headed to SA tomorrow from Del Rio. Any Uncle Jacob's or blvd Love Child available for sale in the city?
  2. Ahaley

Ahaley Member

Whoops. I wasn't paying attention and missed out on this in Austin. Anyone seen any bottles left around anywhere? Help a brother out. :) Thanks.
  3. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

LC2 never made it to SATX. The only places that might have Uncle Jacobs are the two Spec's locations. I'd call them and see if it's available.
  4. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Dont know about in Austin, but I was at the Specs in Round Rock yesterday, and there was still plenty of the Uncle Jacob's on the shelves. Might be worth the road trip for ya.
    H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  5. r0nburgundy69

r0nburgundy69 Member

did they have any brux left
  6. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Member

We all scrambled to even get 1 bottle in DFW, this is a big shock. It disappeared here instantly.
  7. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Yes, they also still had Brux on the shelves. I was shocked to see both still there, but as of yesterday morning, they were.
  8. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Thankfully, I dont think Round Rock has the same beer nerd community that Austin has, so WHEN we get things up here, they tend to last a little bit longer (its getting them that's the problem.....)
  9. Grendle

Grendle Member

Same in San Antonio... One case was received at Spec's and gone instantly. I was fortunate to get one bottle.
  10. SirWalkAbout

SirWalkAbout Member

Damn, missed out on it all. "Del Rio has a good beer scene", said nobody ever.
    kmello69 likes this.
  11. mhenson42

mhenson42 Member

My dad just bought 2 bottles at the Spec's at the Forum today. I scolded him when he told me he left one on the shelf. :mad:
  12. GreatBloomer

GreatBloomer Member

There are several Uncle Jacob's Stout bottles left at Spec's on 620 - 4 Points.