1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Windham/Salem NH Bottle Shops

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Mbarry7, Oct 4, 2012.

1. I'll be staying a night near exit 2 off of 93. Any decent bottle shops in the area?

Side question: Any BA's know the current list at Moat Mountain? Suggestions? I'll be there on Sunday.

Cheers
  2. Mckinnons is good as is the Drinkery.
  3. I would head through Salem to the One Stop Market in Haverhill MA, go down 93 to Andover Liquors (MA) or go north on 93 to Hookset NH to Bert's. As far as Moat goes I believe they are currently serving their Stout, Bone Shaker Brown, Iron Mike'sPale Ale, Blueberry Ale, Hoffman Weiss and Czech Pilsner. Enjoy!
  4. I'm not super familiar with the area, I keep meaning to check out the Drinkery. I've heard good things, and the space looks very cool, for what it's worth. It's a bit more of a drive north, but Bert's Better Beers in Hooksett (maybe 25-30 minutes from Exit 2) is the gold standard for beer stores in the state. It sounds like you're just looking for beer stores, but if you want a bar or brewpub, you can get to good ones in Manchester, Nashua, Lowell or Haverhill all within about 20-30 minutes. I'd especially recommend Martha's Exchange (before it turns into a nightclub) in Nashua and the Tap in Haverhill.

Pgarand's take on the Moat taplist is probably a safe bet. As of a week or two ago, they had Scottie's IPA on, so that might be on still, too. I'd start with a sampler and see what you like, but my favorites are the Iron Mike, Bone Shaker Brown, Hoffman Weiss and Stout. Enjoy the trip!
  5. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (555) California Aug 26, 2009

Moat should have their Octoberfest on as well
  6. Thanks everyone! Some great advice.

I'm hoping to stop in here on the way home. I need to explore the north shore and northern MA more often.
    FrankLloydMike likes this.
  7. jim4399

jim4399 Initiate (20) New Hampshire Sep 17, 2012

McKinnons in Salem has a great selection and just up Rt. 28 from exit 2. You will be able to find White Birch and Nepenthe at McKinnons if you are looking for local stuff. The next closest place in NH with good selection is Barbs Beer Emporium and the Drinkery (less than a mile apart) a short distance off exit 4 about 8 miles up the highway from Salem.