Wine Enthusiast Top 25 Beers of 2012

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by thebigredone, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (665) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

No Bud Light Platinum????? This list is junk!!

2. fredmugs

fredmugs Poobah (1,120) Indiana Aug 11, 2012 Verified

I only have one criteria for the legitimacy of a Top Beers list. Is Fat Tire on it? Nope. It's legit.

3. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,345) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002 Verified

Cool to see Tank 7 and The Meddler on that list.

I'm surprised to not see the list dominated by barrel aged brews that sit on the fence, have similar flavours that wine enthusiasts enjoy, err, that are, how do I say this, close to what I'd expect a wine drinker to look forward to in a beer.

I hope what I typed makes some sense..

4. Agreed. Drives me crazy when magazines do "top beers" list and it's entirely Imperial Stouts and Barleywines.

5. Your doing it wrong! <sarcasm>

6. ledzoso

ledzoso Disciple (60) Michigan Jan 23, 2011

Bolt cutter need age for sure

7. Jeff,

I just gotta tell you the story. I was a local beer bar of Capone’s last weekend for Matt Capone’s BIG Black Friday Event. Matt gets lot of interesting beers for this event; he has over 30 taps and all of those taps had great, quality beers. He also had two firkins on stillage.

I ordered Bolt Cutter it since it was getting a lot of hype on BA and it the description mentioned that lots of hops were used to make this beer. After a couple of sips all that I could think was “what a cloying mess!”. Matt came by and asked what I thought of the beer which I responded with something like: “I don’t think too highly of it”. Matt shrugged his shoulders and said: “Yeah, I know what you mean”. He then was the originator of the thought on aging: “Maybe it would get better with age?”

I see that a large number of BAs are giving Bolt Cutter good reviews but I personally don’t get it. Oh well, more Bolt Cutter for you other folks.

Cheers!

8. 7ate9

7ate9 Savant (285) Virginia Apr 26, 2007

this list really is dum dums because i can think of like 4 other beers that I like that aren't on this list that I like better and well those grape sipping doodoos never asked me what I thought about it and also like I really hate that one beer that is on there and they should stop liking what I don't like because plinerod the elfer is the best ever is what this particular groupthink tells me.

raux likes this.
  9. PsilohsaiBiN

PsilohsaiBiN Advocate (620) New York Aug 10, 2010 Verified

Sorry, but I don't get the hate that this beer receives. Is it the most complex beer around? No. But it sure as hell doesn't drink like 15%(so damn smooth) and the flavor is not bad at all.

10. shawnp

shawnp Advocate (515) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010 Verified

Pabst isn't on the list?? I can see now this list is faulty.....