1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Winter Beer Fest

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by beertunes, Nov 29, 2012.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Who's going? A van load of us are heading down from Tha Ham, hope to meet a few of you there!
  2. Why bother? No rare beers.

;)
    beertunes and barleywinefiend like this.
  3. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (330) Washington Sep 11, 2011

4. honkduh

honkduh Savant (305) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

skip it!
  5. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Fun festival, cool space, and walking distance for me.

I'll be there early on Saturday
    beertunes likes this.
  6. beertunes

I'm looking forward to American Winter Classic, Black Raven Kitty Kat Blues, Anacortes Noel, Diamond Knot Hp! Ho1 (both 11 & 12), Naked City Kentucky Dude, and several others.
  7. dirtylou

Excited to see that Icicle Brewing is making the trip - I will be sampling whatever they're pouring
    beertunes likes this.
  8. beertunes

Seriously. I've only had a couple of their brews, but I liked 'em a lot. Catnip beer? Yup, I'm in.
  9. dirtylou

Why is this thread not more lively - did people really skip this event?

Had some beer...

Big Time - Breakfast Cereal Killer Oatmeal Imperial Stout
    Black Raven - Kitty Kat Blues
    Boundary Bay - Imperial IPA
    Fremont - Bbomb
    Fremont - Infused Dark Star Imperial Oatmeal Stout (awesome)
    Fremont - Blend : Bbomb/Infused Dark Star Imperial Oatmeal Stout
    Icicle - Chumsticke Alt
    Icicle - Dark Persuasion German Chocolate Ale
    Naked City - The Kentucky Dude
    Schooner Exact - Hoppy the Woodsman
  10. Fremont Bbomb and Icicle Dark Persuasion were my favorites of the night. The Boundary Bay BA Old Bounder was a not-too-distant third. I also really liked both the Reuben's Imperial Rye IPA and Imperial Oatmeal Stout, which makes me a bit ashamed to have not made it over there yet. The Kitty Kat Blues really surprised me - got it for novelty's sake, but enjoyed the one pour of it I had a lot more than I thought I would.
  11. beertunes

Kentucky Dude was by far my favorite of the event. I made the Kitty Kat Blues my first beer of the day and kinda liked it. I liked the Ruebens Rye IPA too. A lot of really good beers there. I really liked Icicle's German Chocolate Cake beer a lot as well.
  12. I skipped it this year. Last year was a zoo.
  13. dirtylou

Was crowded - the most # of people I waited behind to get a beer was probably 2, compared to the Pumpkinfest Disaster where the average # of people I waited behind was probably 100
  14. What day did you go to Pumpkinfest? I didn't have any problems. Last year I didn't even know where the lines were at WinterFest.
  15. I didn't get advance tix, but showed right at 5 on Friday and got in with ease. It got more packed within an hour or so, but at first it there were basically no lines. as noted above, the most I waited for a beer was maybe 3 minutes. Really great fest overall.

Favorites: B-bomb, Big Time Cereal Killer Stout, Naked City Kentucky Dude, Icicle Dark Persuasion, etc
  16. I went and had a great time. Too many good beers to single out a favorite, but the Bourbon barrel aged were my favorites.
  17. Oh and what's up with Wingman Brewers? This is the 2nd beer festival I've been to this year where they didn't show up. Pretty lame to sign up and not show twice.