Winterfest 2014

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by hamham, Dec 16, 2013.

1. hamham

hamham Aficionado (170) Minnesota Oct 26, 2011

Ungertaker likes this.
  2. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

How does this compare to the Beer Dabbler winter carnival?

3. MCImes

MCImes Savant (360) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

how long did this take to sell out last year?

4. igor

igor Aficionado (220) Minnesota Nov 7, 2009

Winterfest IMO is the best event of its kind around here. I think it pretty much sells out in seconds.

5. Herky21

Herky21 Advocate (625) Iowa Aug 7, 2011

so this is worth $75 plus fees per person?

6. MCImes

and the website crashed...

how does ABR not crash their servers but Winterfest does?

XmnwildX12 likes this.
  7. igor

Same here. Crash. :(

8. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Champion (795) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

Never seen Winterfest tickets last this long! :cool:

9. It's been a couple of years since Winterfest ticket sale crashed a site. We were probably due, especially when they were offering up to 10 tickets at a time.

10. hamham

thanks a lot obama.

sacrelicio and XmnwildX12 like this.
  11. cmannes

cmannes Savant (390) Minnesota Mar 15, 2009

I'm starting to think it's easier to just wait for the scalpers to post to craigslist. At least that website works.

12. hamham

how does one little ol beer fest crash an entire ticketing website? i thought this was america.

KV12482 likes this.
  13. MCImes

15 mins and still down for me...anyone else get through yet?

14. Herky21

15. KV12482

KV12482 Aficionado (135) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

its back up but appears to be sold out...

"No tickets are currently available for this event, but it is not yet sold out. Some tickets are currently being held for people completing orders. If these tickets are not purchased, they will become available again at some time within 20 minutes."

16. cmannes

It's loading now for me, but they appear to be sold out.

17. 12:00 Tickets for sale
    12:01 Website Crashed
    12:11 Site's back up with it's usual disclaimer that no tix available but it's not sold out yet.
    12:45 Look for the official "all sold out" sign
    ~2:30 Official explanation of how it was a fair process and they sold out in seconds gets posted

In the mean time, watch for various "This wasn't fair!" statements to be peppered throughout the day.

18. KV12482

I was just able to get 2 tickets...

19. Herky21

Tickets will be available beginning Mon Dec 16 at 3:00pm.

20. Torgo

Torgo Aficionado (215) Minnesota Dec 19, 2008

Just got 2, now pending. Love the event when I've gone in the past, but $164 is making me second guess a purchase...

21. MCImes

Kept hitting refresh, got 2 tickets then crashed, tried again and just picked up 2 tickets...keep trying for a little while. the crash probably set the system back a little bit

12:37 edit - I just refreshed and some are still available

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  22. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Champion (795) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

I was able to get my solo ticket

23. I saw this too. Don't believe it. They're back up and selling again now.

24. theCoder

theCoder Savant (340) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

There's many more tickets this year. 6 packs still available. Heck I just tried and coulda had 2 but a sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO broke I can't justify it atm, although I could put it on my 0% cc...no I really shouldn't I have to still catch up from my $0 income for over a month.

This crushes dabbler, plus it's inside and warm. Although Is ee they moved it this year to Union Depot so they must have expanded ticket count a lot, especially with a 10 ticket limit.

25. igor

I got 2 a couple minutes ago.

26. Herky21

ya never works out that way. Luckily my gf was able to get 2 at the 15-20 minute mark so I'm all set. See everyone there! (everyone with a ticket, that is).

27. cmannes

Odd. I got 2, but I keep checking. It seems to alternate between "none available" and as high as 10.

28. Yeah, I'm starting to have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, I love the fact that everyone's actually getting a chance to attend this. On the other, I'm concerned about how many people will actually be at this event. I've always liked that it was a smaller, more intimate setting so you could actually get around to all the brewers. I'm wondering if it's going to turn into a wait-in-line festival for the more popular tables.

29. opwog

opwog Advocate (580) Minnesota Jun 16, 2008

All that I can figure is that there is a premium to have this held inside. No idea what the relative costs are between places like the old Grain Belt outdoor area and this indoor venue.

Also, the site was up with tix available when I just checked.

30. KV12482

Does the ticket include food this year? It did last year but I didn't see any mention of it on the site.

31. hamham

safe to assume that it's included, yes. i don't think a beer fest orgnanizer wants to deal with a crowd of unfed neckbeards.

32. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

Tickets are still available. I just got two.

33. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

New location this year and clearly they have made more tickets available than last year.

34. Tickets are STILL available. No doubt this will sell out, but I'm happy to see that demand has possibly cooled a bit at $82. The craigslisters are going to have a harder time turning a profit, for one thing.

35. theCoder

This event's always been inside. They did relocate it this year although to a larger venue :( I really liked the Minnesota History Center, it gave it a neat feel. So I can only assume they can afford to sell more tickets... :-/ not quite sure what I think about that. However I'm still excited, but if it turns into a shit show wait in line fest like the dumb dabbler and such I'll be upset. Beerfests are losing it for me. I can spend the money on great beers and host a tasting with friends and it's going more towards that (Sidenote I did get to attend the Eclipse release party at 50/50 a couple weeks ago, and THAT's how you do something beer related. UNREAL, best part aside from all-you-can-drink eclipse, was the bottle share inside, had a table of all Cantillons, piles of other insane beers. Best beer event ever.

36. OK, 2+ days later and tickets are still available. Looks like I'm eating crow on this one.

37. Damn, I was going to pass on tix this year, but hearing they are still available is making me reconsider.

38. Bildo

Bildo Aficionado (185) Minnesota Jan 24, 2013

the safe play i found is buying the 3 pack.

39. theCoder

I am curious how many they are selling now as I believe 6 packs are still available...I hope WF isn't a shitshow, I fear it may be. Well I'm excited to still go and if it is indeed a shitshow at home tastings it is from now on.

40. Not sure when exactly it happened but both Winterfest and the Six-Packs are both sold out. Anyone know what the full head count is for Winterfest?