1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Witchcraft Tavern? - Houston, Tx.

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by icetrauma, Nov 6, 2012.

1. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

2. Daemose

Daemose Member

Sounds Artisianal.
    icetrauma likes this.
  3. champ103

champ103 Member

Sweet, another place in the Heights for me to go to. Shepard Park, Pinks, and Lola are awesome (never tried Dragon Bowl) so this should be interesting.
  4. champ103

champ103 Member

It looks like these guys had a soft opening last week, anyone been yet? I am looking forward to checking it out when I can.
  5. icetrauma

icetrauma Member

Any further info about it floating around other than FB page?
  6. SweetBooze73

SweetBooze73 Member

I was there Friday night. Felt like a less polished Shepard Park (they are sister restaurants). Roughly 12 taps, all in the B score range (I had a fresh tasting Mirror Pond). It was dark enough that it was hard to make out the tap handles. No beer list and the staff had no clue what any of them were. A big chalk board above the taps was empty so I imagine the tap list will be up there eventually. Food was burgers salads and sandwiches. The music was all Rat Pack which I enjoyed.
  7. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Member

The owner's wife is a client of mine, they really have bought in on the craft beer scene as they loved that Cottonwood moved next door. She told me it was more like a community then a rival and they felt overflow from both were a good thing. Just glad to see someone else is buying into the movement. I will however provide her with a list of what "I" think taps should be.
    jaymesbawned and champ103 like this.
  8. jaymesbawned

jaymesbawned Member

Man, heights gets all of the fun. I live between Galleria and Westchase, and though there are tons of restaurants, I have no craft bars near me. I have to go to the local wine bar to get a decent beer, but they only do bottles.
  9. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I live in Alief, therefore have to drive even further than you.

I'm at Petrol quite often. Drive isn't that awful.

Closest to Westchase is Fox and Hound (but the food isn't very good). Bull and Bear at Kirkwood and Westheimer. Off of Eldridge you have Kings Head and Ashford Pub. None are world killers, but have solid beers.
  10. champ103

champ103 Member

I do not miss living in the Galleria at all, with all the overpriced crappy restaurants/bars and no good beer outside of Richmond Arms. So glad I moved to Heights Blvd :D
    jaymesbawned likes this.
  11. jaymesbawned

jaymesbawned Member

The drive isn't terrible, it's just a lot of back roads and lights. not a ton of highway. I don't mind driving for awesome beers and phenomenal burgs like at Petrol, but wifey likes staying closer to home since there's so many choices right there...:(
  12. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

For her maybe... She needs to realize that you have needs too... :)
    jaymesbawned likes this.
  13. jaymesbawned

jaymesbawned Member

Maybe I can just convince her to move to the heights...when we can afford it...lol
  14. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I doubt I'll ever be able to afford the heights. lol
    jaymesbawned likes this.