1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

With the Hads/Reviews Merged, How many of the Top 100 have you had?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SubpoenaDeuces, Jan 8, 2013.

1. fox227

fox227 Advocate (555) California Nov 19, 2010

I don't like the merge. You don't even have to prove in an effort-full way that you actually had the beer for the rating to be including in the overall score. I just hope that this doesn't become like IMDB's rankings where dumb fanboys will rate down a certain beer so their favorite might go up a spot. I don't really care that much about the rankings but I always considered it far more respectable that you actually had to make an effort and type up a review in order for the score to be counted.

2. I'm at 32 on the popular with another 4 I own but haven't opened yet (should have by now). I'm at 91 on the beers of fame and I could get close to 100 from the shelves around here. Those seem like good numbers for me. I don't need to try more of the rare stuff.

3. Down to a mere zero from one now that nugget nectar got dropped off the list, was absolutely blown away by the saxonator from jacks Abby last nite and am pickin up at least another one today. It lands number nineteen on the top dopplebock list...

4. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (725) California Oct 2, 2006

I'm only at 16%. More than I thought, considering I don't actively seek out "Top 100" beers.

At 33% on the "Beers of Fame" list.

5. About 5-6 on a quick scan....Which Isn't saying much really because they were the ones from 50/50 and RR....pretty easy to get in this area. So none of the ones I'd have to try and get. Damn...

7. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (645) Florida Jul 15, 2011

I've noticed a few of you haven't tried st bernardus 12, rochefort 10, or weihenstephaner hefeweissbier. Why?

SubpoenaDeuces and Thorpe429 like this.
  8. becase 33cl quads are too much dollers and not in 6 packs. LEVITATION ALE IS SAEM PRICE FOR MORE THO!!!

libbey likes this.
  9. Dagsy

Dagsy Aficionado (210) California Dec 21, 2012

Only 10...need to search a bit more

10. I just counted 65 on the Hall of Fame one...considerably easier then popular.

11. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (395) California Nov 2, 2012

30 at 1st glance...

12. 46 Reviewed/Had officially, 3 Had unofficially, so 49/100 - Popular
    88 Reviewed/Had officially, 2 Had unofficially, so 90/100 - Beers of Fame

Missing a lot of Founders stuff on Beers of Fame.

13. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

dropped to 73, was in the 90's. Of the 27 I have not had, over 1/3rd of them are HF.

The only time I ever check is when one of these threads pop up. I have never specifically sought one of these beers just because it is on the list. Main reason I have tried as many as I have is due to the generosity of many great BAs.

edit: have had 99/100 from the Fame, just need to try World Wide Stout.

14. Exactly the same for me bruh.

15. BigMikelikesbeer

BigMikelikesbeer Aspirant (25) Jan 10, 2013

Man, you are so right, like nobody makes a good beer in the south, real BS for sure, Glad you called these jokers on there BS

16. i've had 8, which is a surprise for me considering i come from beer hell, louisiana

17. I am shocked you havent had WWS, or at least been hit by its shrapnel at some point.

It was like how I needed Bell's 2 hearted to finish the commonman's top 100 and refused to trade for it, I wanted it to be an organic climax, free of force.

libbey, Gosox8787 and ehammond1 like this.
  18. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

I am shocked too. I know it has been around town a few times on tap, it just never worked out. One of these days I am sure I will be able to slay it.

19. maxcoinage

maxcoinage Savant (485) Illinois Apr 6, 2012

A whopping 9. Have some work to do...

20. mynie

mynie Advocate (695) Massachusetts Jun 22, 2004

Not many, but I'm not convinced that most of the beers on that list actually exist.

21. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (845) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

I've been tracking Beers of Fame and I couldn't believe that AleSmith IPA dropped off the list but then noticed that the minimum reveiws have gone up from 1000 to 1500.

By my count 13 beers dropped off the pre-merger list.

22. Chrome_Dome

Chrome_Dome Zealot (95) Ohio Dec 19, 2012

recently joined the forum, so don't really have an opinion on pre/post-merge difference.. but I've had 5 of the current list.
    WV XII
    Zombie Dust
    FBS
    Rochefort 10
    Abt 12

fredmugs likes this.
  23. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (845) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

That's a good 5 to have. Based on those I recommend you try Chimay Blue, Rochefort 8, and Trois Pistoles.

24. mdfb79

mdfb79 Advocate (670) New York Jan 11, 2010

Dropped from 96 to 85....oh well.

25. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (950) North Carolina Dec 8, 2007 Staff Member

Personally I dropped from 95 to 89 (now at 90 because I had one of the beers I had already purchased before the merge).

I don't think the list has changed all too much but there are now a couple of beers not available in the greater NYC area that will be harder to find to be able to try them.

26. Chrome_Dome

Chrome_Dome Zealot (95) Ohio Dec 19, 2012

I've definitely seen those around, I'll keep that in mind ;-)

27. Durb777

Durb777 Savant (415) Illinois Nov 30, 2011

27 for me!!

28. Well my issue is now the rating system has changed to quarter points that makes all the previous beers reviewed less acurate. All those quarter point ratings could cause an overall rating go up or down changing the rank completely.