1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Woodstock Hops and Barley

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by HevvyMetalHippie, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Anyone been? Thoughts?

Do they have Lawson's up there?
  2. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

No, I havn't. I don't think they have Lawson's, though. This is the published list from Lawson's website:

Localfolk Smokehouse, Waitsfield, VT (802)496-5623
    American Flatbread, Waitsfield, VT - (802) 496-8856
    Mad Taco, Waitsfield, VT(802)496-3832
    Mad River Glen (seasonal), Fayston, VT (802) 496-3551
    Prohibition Pig, Waterbury, VT (802) 244-4120
    The Blackback Pub & Flyshop, Waterbury, VT
    (802)505-5115
    The Reservoir Restaurant & Taproom, Waterbury, VT
    (802)244-7827
    Three Penny Taproom, Montpelier, VT (802)223-8277
    Farmhouse Taproom and Grill, Burlington, VT
    (802) 859-0888
  3. Damn I was just up at Woodstock Hops and Barley, and its definitely not a destination location. They were all out of Heady Topper and dude said they were getting iced out in lieu of Burlington, VT cause all of their beer was headed further north. I should have called before I left southern NH to go up there, despite the ride being nice and chill.

I then went to another craft beer store in S. Vermont, whose name I cannot remember off the top of my head, but it was cool that it was sort of in the middle of nowhere and had all kinds of stuff.

They had the Stone Smoked Porter with Chipotle peppers, Stone's 10th Aniversary Ruination, Trout River, Heady Topper (got 3, 4 packs) and the Sierra Nevada/Russian River Brux. Looking forward to trying these in the near future!
    franklinn likes this.
  4. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (555) California Aug 26, 2009

I've been to that Hops and barley twice now. Both times they had plenty of Heady and even found a Founders Imperial Stout there available about 5 months after its release. Obviously that one does sell out as quickly as other Founders releases but the fews stores in Mass I know that got it definitely didn't have it for 5 months. So it's kind of a weird little store but the fact that it flies a bit under the radar certainly helped me out.