1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Wookey Jack

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by punkhim, Apr 20, 2012.

1. punkhim

punkhim Aficionado (190) Washington Dec 22, 2011

Just saw that Elliott Bay in Mill Creek is tapping Wookey Jack at 5PM tomorrow, and will have $10 growler fills (tomorrow only according to the tweet). Excited to try Wookey out. Not sure if everyone else has run into it yet, but I haven't seen it.
  2. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Thanks for the head's up. Haven't been there for a while & it's in my neighborhood.
  3. What's there twitter name?. I am not finding it.
  4. @bryandombrowski
  5. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (450) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

For anyone in Portland who sees this thread, we got bottles in this morning, so I assume that anyone else who got a delivery from Maletis today should have it as well.
  6. Thanks
  7. NWer

Great! I'm in Portland next week. "we"?
    BTW - somebody tweeted that growler fill prices are $10 for 1 liter $20 for 2 liter growlers.
    Kinda steep if true.
  8. That's what the tweet from them said...same thought exactly...$$$20 for a growler fill????

While Bryan usually has a nice tap list, it's been my experience that most of the best stuff he has is not available in growlers...and when he does pour growlers, his prices are always on the high side.
  9. NWer

I went, had a Wookey & a pizza, and am back home enjoying a Racer X. Would have been fun to stay but intimidated by the 12% ABV I wanted and had to drive.
    Unless you like your beer real cold, tell the bartender not to serve it in a chilled glass if you go there. Served too cold in my opinion.
  10. punkhim

punkhim Aficionado (190) Washington Dec 22, 2011

Yeah, just saw that tweet too. Yesterday's tweet said $10 growler fills, which I had assumed was 2 liters. Sorry for the confusion. :confused: