1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

World Stout Day, What Will You Be Drinking?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Zimbo, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Sunn

Sunn Savant (400) Iowa Oct 14, 2012

I had no idea this day existed until now. Sweet! Usually November through February is stout day for me. I have one 2010 KBS in the fridge but I don't think tonight's going to be the night that goes down the gullet. I'll go ahead and go with some Old Rasputin to celebrate. Cheers!

Edit: Now that I've learned it's World Stout Day I feel obligated to drink that KBS. I'm extremely conflicted right now. SHOULD I GO FOR IT?!?!?!? I'd hate to see it gone, but I'd love to drink it. BUT IT'S MY LAST ONE! OH GOD MY LIFE IS A TORNADO OF BEER CONFLICT.
    lakeylake likes this.
  2. DoubleJ

DoubleJ Champion (905) California Oct 13, 2007

Certainly not a Stout. I don't need a day to tell me what I should drink.
  3. Any day is stout day.
  4. korguy123 likes this.
  5. mctizzz

mctizzz Advocate (510) California Dec 23, 2010

Going to be sharing a Momi Hiwa I just received in a trade and a Judgment Day I picked up today. Judgment day was $6.99 for a 750ml, was that priced right? All the other prices at the store seemed high so I think it must have been a mistake.
  6. Wootstout!
  7. Scrapss

Scrapss Advocate (585) Pennsylvania Nov 15, 2008

Have BORIS hopping Frog open, and a choice for follow up of Great Divide Oaked Yeti or New Holland Dragon's Milk. It's probably going to be the Oaked Yeti!
  8. rrock44

rrock44 Savant (315) Washington Oct 27, 2009

Going with a classic...NC old Rasputin.
    Scrapss likes this.
  9. Just cracked a bottle of The Tom Green Beer. Pretty damn good!

[​IMG]
    blue_bleeder and papat444 like this.
  10. Evil Twin's Naked Lunch in a Copenhagen Heavenly Resto
  11. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

12. Jwale73

Jwale73 Advocate (670) Rhode Island Aug 15, 2007

Dark Hollow - amazing beer!
  13. Hophead21

Hophead21 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Sep 19, 2013

Having my first ever Founders Breakfast Stout on National Stout Day = priceless
    sweetwaterman and Scrapss like this.
  14. WTKeene

WTKeene Advocate (520) Texas Jul 13, 2013

I just opened my first Narwhal. Pretty good stuff honestly.
    Scrapss likes this.
  15. Had one myself before working on my stock of Harvest Ale. (despite my earlier post, no Guinness tonight)
    Hophead21 likes this.
  16. Fahz

Fahz Savant (345) New York May 31, 2012

Celebrated with a ....

[​IMG]
    Scrapss likes this.
  17. core42

core42 Savant (460) Michigan May 5, 2010

I'm not really a stout/porter guy but I've been trying to work myself into those types of beers. Because of that I had a 2012 Bell's Black Note that I bought because I heard it was kind of a big deal but it's been sitting in the fridge ever since. I decided to crack that bad boy today & I'm damn happy I did...it was fantastic!!
    Scrapss likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

Bell's Special Double Cream Stout....
    sweetwaterman likes this.
  19. thewrongtone

thewrongtone Savant (355) Texas Oct 15, 2006

Ended up with an often overlooked stout.

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.
  20. I have a few I am alternating tonight. Highland Black Mocha Stout, Breakfast Stout, and Black Chocolate Stout. 2 are good, while Black Chocolate Stout is a huge disappointment, as always. Not trying to pick on the beer, but I don't find it to be complex at all. It is too boozy and lacks much of a chocolate presence at all. Breakfast stout is great as usual. Black Mocha packs a flavor punch for a stout below 6%abv. Cheers!
  21. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (820) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

22. Lazy Magnolia Jefferson Sweet Potato Cream Stout
  23. taxman

taxman Savant (255) Illinois Feb 22, 2012

Dam it, too busy today. I'll have to drink double tomorrow.
  24. tuka

tuka Aficionado (190) New York Apr 17, 2012

Had a '10 WWS followed by a '12 BCBS. Sleepy now.
  25. Drinking a Founder's Breakfast Stout to celebrate International Stout day.
    Cheers!
  26. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (500) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Had an Evil Twin "Christmas Eve...", pretty tasty. Switched over to porters to put away my last Tallgrass "Zombie Monkie". Maybe one more stout before calling it a night.
  27. 2013 FBS. I had no idea. I am just sitting by the fire 45° kind of cool.
  28. Squiggy

Squiggy Aficionado (215) Michigan Feb 18, 2013

Started with a can of Ten Fidy. Then went to a 2013 KBS. Now im drinking a 2012 BCBS.
  29. So far...

Rogue Chocolate Stout, Tom Green Beer & Amsterdam Tempest Imperial Stout
  30. DaltonC

DaltonC Savant (300) Idaho Oct 10, 2013

My local spot just tapped a year aged keg of Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout.. 39.99 a growler or 8.00 for a half pint.
  31. BMMillsy

BMMillsy Advocate (630) Florida Feb 16, 2012

AleSmith Speedway Stout Hammerhead. This was redonkulous.

They didn't tell me anything about wtf Hammerhead was because they were so packed for their event. As far as I can gather from the taste, it is about 100 tons of espresso beans...
  32. Finally home after work and cracked open a '12 Parabola poured nicely into a Barrelworks teku glass. I must agree that every day is stout day!
  33. JereH

JereH Aspirant (35) Tennessee Oct 16, 2013

Terrapin Moo Doo Chocolate Milk Stout. I don't care if it's too late for Stout Day; the beer was AMAZING.
  34. Started with Rogue's 'Chocolate Stout' , good drinking beer after a hard weeks work ,
    next was a Sierra Nevada Narwhal , finished dinner with a smile ,
    and for dessert Southern Tier '2X Stout' , bit dissapointing (not the dessert)
  35. KNK

KNK Aspirant (25) Maryland Feb 9, 2013

I had no idea that it was world stout day, but i happened to end up drinking:

Founders Breakfast Stout
    Elysian Dragonstooth Stout
  36. it was a good stout day had Aun Mas Café Jesus, and a Lakefron 25th anniversary stout, two delicious beers, made my night as I was cleaning the house for the in-laws
  37. I ended up having a porter (Fluxus 2013)...