1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

World wide Belgium Beer Day.

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by EmperorBevis, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Bitterbill likes this.
  2. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,245) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I never heard of it but the date will be easy to remember as I have a sister born on the 6th. There aren't many Belgian beers in town but I'll be sure to hoist a glass of a few of them that day.

3. My view is that they need a web designer.

4. Yes it is a bit clunky
    and utilises all the colours of the migraine

5. Where it says it as about 'habits' do I get to dress up as a nun?

6. Corporal Jones lives on!

7. Don't tell him your name Bevis!

EmperorBevis likes this.
  8. Just hsd a look at the siiite. Having been daxzled and blinded by it I'm just hitting random keyys now. Hop this makes sense...

LambicKing and Ruds like this.
  9. Well I have now. Website's a bit trippy isn't it?

10. This is just a fun event designed to encourage people to toast the original craft brewers - the Belgians. Worldwide, every 3 hours people are asked to raise a glass to Belgian Brewers. Some places are organizing special events but the gist of it is for the entire world to toast Belgian Brewers. It is on a 3 hour basis so that all time zones can participate.
    Just for fun :)

11. Belgians - original craft brewers?

Think you'll find it was the Egyptians or Mesopotamians!

12. Mesopotamian beer used rice so it tasted like Budweiser
    & Egyptian beer was all keg made with very little hops to appeal to the lager lout Pharaohs
    So Belgium has the right to first craft beer brewers :confused:

Ruds likes this.
  13. I'm not so sure ... You mean you haven't had Pharoahs Baltic Porter - bourbon barrel aged for 8,264 yeas with Bretts?

EmperorBevis and Dennoman like this.