1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Wormtown Be Hoppy IPA

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by brureview, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Ben, Many of those stores are in the Boston area, but not in the South Shore except for Granite package. Your distributor should try to your beers into Whole Food Dedham.

2. Where exactly are you in MA? If you're within a short drive to Redstone Liquors I highly recommend heading there. They consistently tweet updates of IPAs (and other hop forward beers such as Hoponious) that have just arrived. Many within a week or two of bottling. Examples are Union Jack, Flower Power (when it's available), Red Racer (now Red Betty I believe). And when you head there they're more than happy to let you know what's freshest.

Outside of that store I've had no issue heading to Liquor World and Ball Square Liquors and finding SOMETHING that's within a month or two of bottling.

Ganglani likes this.
  3. Thank you for setting me straight. I may have gotten a little exited. And to be clear, i didn't mean to jab at anyone, happend to get a bit carried away. I strongly apologize.

4. tzieser

tzieser Initiate (0) Arizona Nov 21, 2006

no need to aplogize man, i just hate it when people get criticized for asking a simple question. seems to be happening more and more often on BA lately. i got a bit fired up myself when i was posting that. we're all guilty of overreacting sometimes but then i remember its only beer and there are more important things in life than the beat IPA (though there are few things can be as tasty lol)

cheers and welcome to BeerAdvocate.

5. For what it's worth, I also spotted several bottles at Curtis Liquors in Weymouth on 10/11. Not refrigerated, July bottle date, priced at $8.45.

6. I follow Redstone on twitter, just to know what becomes available in the area - I've been to the store a couple of times, but its a little out of my way without traffic, a lot out of my way when 128 is busy. Except for recent postings about Lunch and FP (not going out of my way for a one six pack limit), I haven't seen any other decent IPA's coming in recently. They get their stock from the same distributors as everyone else in the area and when you see shelves get restocked with 2+ month old IPA, its not really a store by store issue. I've been to about 5-6 different stores in the last two weeks, and its pretty much the same bottling dates on all the well regarded IPA's available in the area.

7. Marty's in Newton will have a new order of the IPA coming in next week. Not sure if it will be in the Brighton store.
    So the bottling date should be newer( hopefully).

8. I find really fresh Perpetual all the time drinking a 9/12 right now.

BillyCannon likes this.
  9. Tangentially related to the topic. The jack's abby seasonal bottles sold as singles have bottle months printed on the label. The beers in 4-packs only have it on the pack, though.

10. dbexpert

dbexpert Savant (290) Massachusetts Sep 27, 2008

Granite does carry their beer. We order everything that becomes available from Wormtown. As far as freshness, we try to ensure we run through an entire case before ordering more.

11. I did get three bottles of the IPA from Martys. However, the date is August. I doubt if the distributor
    refrigerates the IPA, although Wormtown states this on the label. Anyone have issues with the IPA after 3 months?