1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Worst BA Score Ever?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mcrago, Dec 30, 2012.

1. mcrago

mcrago Savant (335) Indiana Oct 6, 2012

Sorry if this thread has been started before. We're always talking about the best beers and highest BA scores, so I was wondering, what's the lowest BA score out there? Here's one that I was able to find. Can you find a lower score?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16836/41127
  2. That stupid beer label is hilarious...MAMMA MIA!
  3. hannydawg

hannydawg Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 4, 2010

4. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Hey, I liked that beer!! It delivered what it said it would.
  5. mcrago

These beers are intentionally scored low. I would gladly drink any of them before "Mama Mia's Pizza Beer"!
    Horbar and RobertColianni like this.
  6. mcrago

Just read this:

Notes:
    From the website: Pizza Beer is a debris free product. The Margarita pizza is put into the mash & steeped like a tea bag. A whole wheat crust made with water, flour & yeast is topped with tomato, oregano, basil & garlic. The essence of the pizza spices is washed off with hot water and filtered into a brewpot, where it is boiled for a long, long time. During the process, we add hops & spices in a cheesecloth type bag & filter the cooled liquid into a fermentation vessel. (big glass 6 gallon water jug). After a week or two, the beer is good to go. Keg it or bottle it.

Hand me a Corona Light any day before this piece of shit beer...
    RobertColianni likes this.
  7. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

8. slander

slander Site Editor (580) New York Nov 5, 2001 Staff Member

Actually, I've got one far worse, and it's retired so it didn't make the lowest 100 list.
    Thing is, it's the first beer I went to bring up.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/404/2373

This one actually tastes like ass's ass.
    cavedave, Photekut, Momar42 and 3 others like this.
  9. Bitterbill

50 Wants vs 9 Gots. That's almost in whales territory.:rolleyes:
    tronester and wyatt13 like this.
  10. Haha I always see this way on the bottom shelf for like $1.50 a bottle or something like that and am always so tempted, but then I figure eating the $1.50 would probably be more enjoyable.
  11. Bitterbill

cindyjeffsmith likes this.
  12. mcrago

I agree with you, this one might be the winner. As a bonus, it includes this review which may be my favorite of all time:
    I'm not sure if profanity is tolerated on this site. But I need to use it. This beer is the fucking worst bottle of liquid shit that exists. Corona is better than this. The smell made me queasy, drinking it made me physically ill. No, I'm not exaggerating. This thing pours a dark piss yellow. No head. Looks thick. Smells sickeningly sweet. Just sweet. Not malt sweet, sugar sweet, candy sweet, just sickeningly sweet. Terrible taste. Reminds me of vomit sprinkled with sugar and cake mix. After two sips, I chucked it. This made me vomit. I felt fine before I had this beer, so it is safe to assume this made me sick. Nobody in the camp wanted it. One guy said it smelled like goat sex. Okay. Mouthfeel? I dunno. It wasn't in my mouth long enough. Undrinkable. Made me vomit, nobody else would drink it, it's undrinkable. Seriously, we need negative points, or at least zero, for beers of this type.
    Horbar, Marti403, deuce9259 and 9 others like this.
  13. Bad_Trader

Bad_Trader Initiate (0) Namibia Nov 8, 2012

ISO
    h2opunk182 likes this.
  14. Pizza Beer absolutely deserves to be in the running for worst beer. God awful stuff. To me, it tasted like someone left a pizza box in their car for a week, then soaked it in stagnant water for a month and then put it in a blender. That said, I think Zorg is the worst beer I've come across. 51 oz. Plastic flip top bottle. 8%. Tastes like someone pooped in a vat of malt syrup. I'm looking for a worse beer, but Zorg has proven a tough one to top.
  15. It's funny because this beer is terrible, yet I can find it EVERYWHERE.
  16. You know a ratings system needs adjustment with 80 = delicious and 60 = UNDRINKABLE, NEVER BUY THIS POISON.
  17. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (625) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Ha ha! I saw the same review and wanted to post it! That's pretty funny stuff. Too bad the poor guy put that stuff in his mouth! :)
  18. TNGabe

TNGabe Initiate (0) Tennessee Feb 6, 2012

19. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

Arbitrator's intro to his Bud Light Chelada review is one of my favorite low-score moments:

"Chilled can into a glass. I actually attempted to hide this from largadeer, who brought this to our tasting thinking it would be amusing. You know what's more amusing, Chris? Cornholing you with the f***ing can. But anyway, he started to cry, so I gave it back to him, and he proceeded to open it and make me drink it."
  20. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

21. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

Hard to believe that many people even wanted to try it.
  22. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (435) California Nov 20, 2010

AALs don't belong at the bottom...they simply lack the flavor intensity to be that bad. Of course, this also means they can't be that good. No AAL I've ever had has been anywhere close to as bad as the Hanssens Experimental Cassis.
  23. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

24. Yuck. Sounds like a palate bomb!
  25. Definitely the best review I have ever read! Concise and to the point. AND it makes me want to try it. ;)
  26. AxesandAnchors

AxesandAnchors Savant (300) Oregon Nov 21, 2012

This sounds like a horrible home brew experiment! I see this is contract brewed, no surprise here as it's clear the person who decided this was a good idea knows nothing about making good beer.
  27. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

28. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (500) New York Mar 7, 2010

I just had Mamma Mia Pizza beer last night. It wasn't nearly as bad as expected to be honest.
    dbrauneis likes this.
  29. mcrago

30. Winston_Smith

Winston_Smith Initiate (0) Kentucky Oct 25, 2012

I love this one:

Beer 30

A delicious beer perfect for anyone at anytime. From the first pop of the top you know you are in a for real treat. I believe it was John F. Kennedy who said "My fellow Americans, ask not what Beer 30 can do for you, ask what you can do for Beer 30." Shame on all these other reviewers for belittling such a prestigious beverage and truly a founding father of the beer family.

While some beers are meant to be paired with a ethereal piece of dark chocolate or a delectable square of cheese, Beer 30 is best paired with another Beer 30.

True Story: I was at a local watering hole in suburban Wisconsin when I first spoke 4 words that would change my life forever...."One Beer 30, please". Upon my first sip of a Beer 30 I frantically called the bartender over in panic, as I was certain he mistakenly served me liquid diamonds or the tears of a unicorn. I had no idea how I was going to pay for such a heavenly potion. I embarrassingly explained my situation as a sly smile slowly appeared on the bartenders face. With my head down in shame and sorrow, I asked how much it was and with a wink of the eye, the bartender whispered 30 cents.

Fact: The War of 1812 was actually fought over two sides arguing whether Beer 30 is better served cold or warm.

Fact: J.K. Rowling originally intended to call the 5th Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Beer 30.

Only give Beer 30 a try if your in the mood for an excellent beer and enjoy being in a state of nirvana.
    luwak, pjs234, AndrewBV and 5 others like this.
  31. redmagik99

redmagik99 Savant (305) California May 15, 2007

as pathetic as corona light, mich ultra, and the other light macros may be, some of those malt liquors on the list and not on the list are waayyy worse.
    Winston_Smith likes this.
  32. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (915) North Carolina Dec 8, 2007 Staff Member

One of the absolute strangest beers I ever tasted...
  33. Resuin

Resuin Champion (760) Massachusetts Jun 18, 2012

Because it is sorted by rating - low to high.
  34. I have to say that i fully support this thread. Some of these reviews are pretty epic.
  35. Oudbeitje Lambic is worse.
    szmnnl99 likes this.