1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Worst beer for a tasting

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by skyler_estes_, Nov 7, 2013.

1. azorie

azorie Advocate (725) Florida Mar 18, 2006

Stone bombers.

2. in all seriousness it seems like your xmas bottle share is all whalez and hard to find/get stuff. so anything that wasn't a whale or a hard to find or get would be unsuitable. imo.

my local bottle shop is having a private, invite only bottle share and the beer manager purposefully asked me to go with freshies because he knows I don't do whalez. I'm more than happy to drink yours but I won't spend the money on old beer.

3. Grr, I came here to post this. I was actually at a festival last weekend and, as I was chatting up a couple that was also waiting in line for the Ferris wheel (yeah it was a great festival), I noticed the girl was drinking Bud Light Chelada and I immediately pointed at it and yelled "Ewww! You actually drink that stuff?!" This cracked them up and the dude was like "Yeah, she loves it for some reason." I said I'd never even seen it before but have heard legends of how nasty it is. She offered me some and I couldn't resist. Actually, the initial taste isn't bad. It's actually kind of sweet but, once the clamato kicks in, it's all grossness from there on. I knew I wouldn't like it since I don't even like tomato juice but I just had to see what it was like. I know, cool story bro.

ToddThompson likes this.
  4. zid

zid Savant (440) New York Feb 15, 2010

Party pooper here. I don't like this idea one bit. Reminds me of "Dinner for Schmucks."
    Are you guys going to rave about how awesome that super-rare beer is and then pick on the beer that's already much abused?

I'd bring a Cantillon... that way the winner won't feel so special.

rx-beer likes this.
  5. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

Too bad you could not back in time and get Meister Brau. Even as a desperate high school kid and poor college student I would not drink that piss water.

6. itsthepleats

itsthepleats Savant (340) Ohio Mar 19, 2012

7. Love the hate - your post made my day!!!

zid likes this.
  8. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Champion (795) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

9. douginromeo

douginromeo Savant (325) Michigan Apr 1, 2013

A bad bottle of Fantome Saison - be ready to find out what liquid band aids taste like.

Rainblows likes this.
  10. Kerrie

Kerrie Savant (485) Michigan Aug 24, 2012

Anything by Buffalo Bills. (Sorry if it was already mentioned; didn't read the whole thread).

11. Brewhit

Brewhit Aspirant (35) Iowa Nov 9, 2013

Pilsner urquel--------is rather drink the Milwaukee's Beast than that!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
  12. ISmith87

ISmith87 Initiate (0) Arizona Jul 19, 2011

13. Harpoon Chocolate Stout or Bell's Two Hearted. Both are just awful for the style of which they represent. Nothing Stout about the Harpoon, and Two Hearted is one of the worst IPA's Ive ever had. It's flacid like a 90 yr old dick. Not one sign of IPA in any sip. Just awful really.

14. Dope

Dope Advocate (600) Massachusetts Oct 5, 2010

I came here to post this.

I rated it a 1.4. That's lower than I rated Corona light, amstel light and natty light.

Do I need to say any more?

Dope

Scotchboy likes this.
  15. Dupage25

Dupage25 Savant (365) Antarctica Jul 4, 2013

I don't know what this means but I must have it.

16. WTKeene

WTKeene Advocate (580) Texas Jul 13, 2013

Buzzards Bay Brewery tried to capitalize on a mistake and bottled a beer they themselves say is best as a paperweight or doorstop, called "Undrinkable Ale:" http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/52/76221

I'm personally eager to try it, I take the name as a challenge more than anything else.

17. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (655) Florida May 25, 2012

18. Dupage25

I'm pretty sure they gave it that on the basis of the first two batches and not the mythically bad third batch.

19. Dupage25

I guess if I had to make a list, it would be Wild Blue, 1997 Triple Bock, Crazy Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer and Super Brew 15.