1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

WY to NV

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by mfdish, Nov 22, 2012.

1. mfdish

mfdish Aficionado (120) Nevada Oct 30, 2011

I've got a lot of family in Laramie, and my folks are out there for Thanksgiving.

I'm wondering what to ask them to bring back for me, either from Laramie or Ft. Collins. Something by Avery, Great Divide, Odell... Even Boulevard, we don't get them in NV.

Last year they brought back Freik, which I liked well enough, but I'm looking at The Meddler and hoping they can find that.

2. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

The Meddler is still readily available. I can't get myself to spend $25 a bottle for it, since I already tried it on tap at a cheaper cost, but I really enjouyed Odell's most recent Woodcut release, #6. Definitely a recommendable beer, cost notwithstanding. I think Odell's Deconstruction Ale is also still on the shelves and that one was also solid. That all said, not sure what from Odell you have had, but I'd grab a sixer of their IPA over anything else by them if you have never had anything by them.

Avery just released an imperial stout, The Czar. Never had it but have only heard good things about it.

Elevation Brewery has Quad brewed with local honey, Apis IV, that is really good and a bit of a different take on the style. Wilbur's in Fort Collins has that on the shelves right now and is a worthy grab. They also have a barrel aged saison that I quite enjoyed, but the Apis V is a much better value and just as good, if not better.

Can't go wrong with something from Funkwerks. Their Deceit just hit the shelves, their Saison is always a good choice.

A couple of the stores in FC (287 Liquors, Supermarket Liquors) have Crabtree's Menage et Trois. That's been one of my favorite releases this year.

You guys get Epic from Utah where you're at? If not, Big Bad Baptist is on the shelves at Wilburs and I'd probably recommend that one over anything else I just mentioned.

3. mfdish

mfdish Aficionado (120) Nevada Oct 30, 2011

I think we get Epic here... I'm pretty certain because we also get Epic out of New Zealand.

They grabbed me a Meddler. Maybe I'll just sit on it for a few years.