Xcel Energy Center and/or Fine Line

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by elliott1184, Jan 31, 2013.

1. elliott1184

elliott1184 Savant (395) Minnesota Mar 31, 2011

I haven't been to either of these venues in some time; how are the beer options these days?

2. Not very good from the last time I went to the Xcel. Haven't been to the Fine Line in years but I would imagine pretty much the same. Xcel has Summit in a few spots but that's about it and they charge over $9 for all there beers. Summit, Bud or Premium.

3. I got Red Hook Long Hammer IPA at fine line a few years back, I would guess they might have something better by now.

4. elliott1184

Can my wife get away with smuggling a couple of Surly cans in her handbag, or will security rifle through it @ the X?

5. donno005

donno005 Zealot (90) Minnesota Dec 2, 2012

Boy I don't know. They do a minimally intrusive pat-down at the gate. She will likely have to let them take a look inside, whether they rifle through or not, i don't know. But the best you are going to find there is EPA. Get in that Omar!

6. allouez86

allouez86 Savant (340) Wisconsin Jan 24, 2009

You should at least be able to find something moderately enjoyable to drink at fine line. Nothing out of this world, but they usually have a couple decent options.

7. Saga is available at a couple of booths at the X. They go though the purses, don't think they would miss two tall boys. I wouldn't try it if it was me.

8. Syzygy00

Syzygy00 Aficionado (145) Minnesota Nov 25, 2010

Fine Line's tap options are awful. I think they have a few decent bottles, but I was thoroughly unimpressed with their beer list. Hell, they don't even have Summit on tap!

9. mn6

mn6 Aficionado (100) Minnesota May 5, 2010

Put on some cargo pants and stash a couple of Surly's in the pockets. I have done this at least a dozen times to local sporting events without any issue.

10. elliott1184

I think I'd rather drink $9 EPA's than wear cargo pants ;)