1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

xcel energy center beer?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by crewfan16, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Going to the wild vs hawks game tonight at the xcel and wondering if they are serving any decent beer these days. Cant seem to find any information on their website. I havent been there in a while and know that places like target field are serving stuff like surly and fulton. any luck with good beer being served at the X?
    -cheers
  2. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Savant (320) Minnesota Jan 30, 2013

3. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (745) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

I'll be there too, GO WILD!

Bringing some Over Rated for the pre game!
    pmccallum86, Revenant and mnphish like this.
  4. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

As other threads note, 9 bucks a can. I haven't been to a game this year, but Is Summit the same price?

A 24oz pour of Furious at Target Field is 9 bucks, so Xcel prices arent the best.
  5. $9.25 for drafts. Not sure how many ounces the glasses are, 20?
    You can also find 22 oz bombers of Summit EPA at some of the craft beer carts.
  6. From Surly's twitter account back to me this afternoon:
    "Blue Line Bar, Harbor Bar, Windsor Bar. $9/can."

does seem a bit expensive considering I can almost get a 4-pack for that, but I suppose its better than paying $8 for some crappy BMC beer. Oh well. Go Wild!
  7. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

If you like to live on the edge,best bet is to have a girl w/ a large purse smuggle some in for you. I've probably drank twenty cans of Furious at the Xcel via this route.
    pmccallum86 likes this.
  8. mnphish

mnphish Savant (365) Minnesota Aug 19, 2012

I'd just sneak an abrasive or two in instead of custying up for those $9 EPA's

Edit: just put it in a bag and stuff it in the crotch. Works everytime and always worth it :)
  9. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (745) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

I have a nut allergy...
  10. I don't even want to know how you discovered it