1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Yard House to be purchased for $585 million by Darden (Olive Garden, Red Lobster)

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Off?

2. No typo. People in KIAs do not have sexual intercourse.

3. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

lmao!

4. maltmuncher

maltmuncher Aficionado (195) Aug 22, 2012

I hope its not all downhill after this...

5. Last Friday i had a little sump thin wild. I love the new board.

6. If Olive Garden's involved run, run away.

7. MicheleALE

MicheleALE Aspirant (40) Oct 27, 2012

Holy crap, didn't know this, in laws live in Long Beach we go out there every year for the Grand Prix, have to stop in the Yard House and Auld Dubliner each time. Hope they don't change anything, we like the Yard House's just the way they are!!!

8. HoppyShirts

HoppyShirts Initiate (20) Oct 27, 2012

Although certain beers don't do very well in a yard. Especially if it is warm outside. I find it difficult to drink a yard before it gets all warm. At least with the pints you always have a cold one. :) Speaking of which...

9. JoEBoBpr

JoEBoBpr Champion (760) Missouri Feb 26, 2004

I've been to the San Diego location and the Denver location. Both were good experiences.

10. pjbear05

pjbear05 Aficionado (195) Florida May 28, 2008

While Longhorn would be the last place I'd go for a steak. The YH at Gulfstream was promising. At least I'll have something halfway decent to spend my credit card points on.

11. auld dubliner is nice, but not much of a beer list

12. Heard about one in Yonkers, NY, but have not made the trip. The buyout by Darden is certainly not going to motivate me to visit. But is interesting to see craft beer continue to evolve for better or worse, nonetheless.

13. I've had both good and bad experiences with my local Yard House. Had a Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous and a Rogue Hazel Nectar there, and thought both were off from where they should be.

14. sbuysse

sbuysse Aficionado (165) Arizona Sep 30, 2005

585,000,000 for 39 locations? I can't believe they are paying 15,000,000 per location.

15. HarrySTruman

HarrySTruman Savant (265) Michigan May 16, 2012

Reading this as someone who has never been, it had absolutely no effect on me. People are stupid, for an employee to point that out means he is honest.

16. aljordan

aljordan Aficionado (145) Indiana May 2, 2006

Went to the yard house when I was in Vegas a handful of years ago. They denied me a yard of Arrogant Bastard as "it was too late". I told the bartender, "this is Vegas, nothing is too late". They shrugged and poured me a pint. I think I had four pints of the stuff that night.