1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Yazoo Sour Update

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Brandonbrew, Jan 16, 2013.

1. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (580) Tennessee May 25, 2010

Very cool projects going on...can't wait to try some of the results!

2. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (610) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Convince them to distribute to Kentucky, Brandon!

3. Those all sound great. I had the wild child at the 12 south winter warmer and I really enjoyed it. Interested to see what else they can do.

4. Jimski123

Jimski123 Zealot (95) Tennessee Feb 10, 2013

How widely distributed will these be in TN? make it to Memphis you think?

5. Jimski123- Most will probably be draft taproom and bottle release at the taproom. But festivals and special events are a different story, we will probably have something available at those.

6. Very exciting! I love seeing Yazoo branch out like this. I shared my bottle of Fortuitous a month or so ago. If that was the result of an accident, I can only imagine what these will be like!

7. yesferro

yesferro Savant (250) Mississippi Jul 30, 2008

Any chance Tupelo might get any sour goodness this coming Sat?

8. Not this year...I'm almost to a point where I feel like we enough beers in the line that are either ready or almost ready to start releasing fairly regularly at the taproom. Hopefully by this time next year we will have a nice stockpile built up.

sommersb likes this.
  9. Jimski123

Jimski123 Zealot (95) Tennessee Feb 10, 2013

I talked to the New Belgium rep at a tasting in Memphis yesterday and he told me that New Belgium and Yazoo will be holding a sour tasting event during Memphis beer week. Im pretty excited if this is the case.....any details?